Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cadillac, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Despite MI being anti-Tesla more-than-most states, at the recent Grand Rapids SC opening they announced a Cadillac SC to be open by the end of 2015. My folks live in Frankfort so that is just about PERFECT for me.

(mod note: edited and moved to new thread)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, Sheboygan is a separate thing, but Green Bay has been heavily hinted at in that thread and other places, I think @cottonwood hinted that the grocery store chain that's hosting in She-Vegas is a good candidate to host in GB. Timing is totally up in the air though, it's on the 2015 map but who knows.

I just spoke with Brook at Wexford County, the county issued the permit on July 13, 2015

8605 E 34th St, Cadillac, MI 49601

However, the County assigned the Super Charger it's own address, which is officially:
8675 E. 34th Rd Cadillac, Michigan 49601

I just spoke with Brook at Wexford County, the county issued the permit on July 13, 2015

8605 E 34th St, Cadillac, MI 49601

However, the County assigned the Super Charger it's own address, which is officially:
8675 E. 34th Rd Cadillac, Michigan 49601

That's gonna be huge getting an 'up north' SC option. Awesome news.

I know, just permits, but I'm not headed that way until July, 2016.

That's gonna be huge getting an 'up north' SC option. Awesome news.

I know, just permits, but I'm not headed that way until July, 2016.

This should go up fast once they break ground. I believe this Meijer location will follow Grand Rapids' pace (and not Ann Arbor due do it's wiring challenges).

It will be operational by "Fall 2015."

This site can not go on-line soon enough!

I live in the Cadillac area and pass by that Meijer every day. It's a good location with plenty of places to go within walking distance. If you are looking for 34 road it is also called Boon road in the area. There is a Boon road exit off of US-131 that takes you there within a mile of the Freeway. The Meijer is on the corner of Boon road and Mitchell street (old US-131). I haven't seen anything going on yet---at least near the Meijer gas station or the out lots in front. I will drive around the site and see if there is anything happening somewhere else on the property that looks like prep work for a supercharger. Meijer is one of the companies that has several locations in Michigan that have DTE energy CNG stations located at their gasoline stations. It looks like they embrace alternative energy for transportation on more then one front. Good for them!

I live in the Cadillac area and pass by that Meijer every day. It's a good location with plenty of places to go within walking distance. If you are looking for 34 road it is also called Boon road in the area. There is a Boon road exit off of US-131 that takes you there within a mile of the Freeway. The Meijer is on the corner of Boon road and Mitchell street (old US-131). I haven't seen anything going on yet---at least near the Meijer gas station or the out lots in front. I will drive around the site and see if there is anything happening somewhere else on the property that looks like prep work for a supercharger. Meijer is one of the companies that has several locations in Michigan that have DTE energy CNG stations located at their gasoline stations. It looks like they embrace alternative energy for transportation on more then one front. Good for them!

Thanks. We'll appreciate any intel you can provide (pictures would be greatly appreciated :smile: )

Nothing yet--I circled the entire property and found no activity. I went to the building department today to try and take a look at the site plan but the inspector was out (small town). The Meijer is actually in Haring Township just outside of the Cadillac city limits. I will try again Monday and will keep my eye on the Meijer property. Once it starts I can provide pictures.

Nice for west siders - are there any planned on I-75 going up north? Bay City or Grayling would be ideal for those of us in SE michigan headed up north.

Agree. I live in metro Detroit and go to Burt Lake ... Now I need to stop at Bay City State Park to use their new 80 amp J1772 public charger to get a little insurance juice. It would be great to know there is a reliable super charger available in Bay City area.

Agree. I live in metro Detroit and go to Burt Lake ... Now I need to stop at Bay City State Park to use their new 80 amp J1772 public charger to get a little insurance juice. It would be great to know there is a reliable super charger available in Bay City area.

Cadillac has me thinking about Burt Lake. My cousin has a house there on the lake. It's a long drive from Colorado, but soon doable via Superchargers. Of course, when I was there last week, I was in a slow, but very enjoyable, classic ICE with a built in supercharger; 35+ inches of manifold pressure and 450 real HP at take-off power from the P&W R-985 Wasp Junior! No asterisk required...

DJI_0157 small.jpeg

Last edited:

The 2016 plan is locations in: Bay City, Lansing, Port Huron, and one other site TBD.

The 2016 plan is locations in: Bay City, Lansing, Port Huron, and one other site TBD.

Today's (8/16/2015) 2016 SuperCharger map, focused on Michigan:

mi_2016.jpg

The 2015 map only adds the Lansing and Bay City/Saginaw locations, so Cadillac has obviously been moved up. The other new locations now appear to be Ludington, Traverse City, Mt. Pleasant, and Gaylord. The spacing between those sites seems pretty short -- more like 90 miles rather than the usual 130 -- but that spacing makes some sense for "non-transcontinental, cold climate" travel...

I'd thought that the location near the thumb was going to be the Bay City Meijer, but comparing this map against Meijer locations suggests that it will be the Meijer at 3360 Tittabawassee Road in Saginaw instead.

Of course, this is just looking at dots on a website, until they turn on the power :rolleyes: