Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome Opti-Coat Authorized Dealer (San Francisco North Bay Area)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had two Model S cars Opti-Coated by Robust Auto Detailing (Napa, CA). They are the only current Opti-Coat authorized dealer in the North Bay Area. Fahad is the owner and he did an awesome job on both cars. I highly recommend them if you live in the North Bay Area and are looking to have this done to your car. However, he will travel just about anywhere.
Robust Auto Detailing - Home

2013 MS 85 Multi Red
2015 MS 70D Midnight Silver Metallic

Attachments

• FullSizeRender3.jpg
    FullSizeRender3.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 652
  • thumb_FullSizeRender_1024 4.jpg
    thumb_FullSizeRender_1024 4.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 1,152
$495 for Opti-Coat Pro, add $150 for Plus, Tires/lens/windshield all $50 each. The real wild card in these car coatings, no matter where you go, is the paint prep. You can spend just as much on prep as the coating when talking about the paint. We all know Tesla paint!! The new car was two weeks old when done and required 6+ hours of paint correction for a one step process. The 2013 required about double that time for a two step process, but it looks factory new now. All that said, plan on somewhere between $1000 to $1400 to have it done correctly. When done, it looks fabulous, and washing is a breeze. I hand wash the car once or twice a week with Optimum No Rinse and it takes me about 30 mins. Everything just wipes off. I decided to do both cars, even though the red one is garaged all the time. Mainly, I wanted protection for the silver one because it is outside all the time. Happy I had the process done.

Just had two Model S cars Opti-Coated by Robust Auto Detailing (Napa, CA). They are the only current Opti-Coat authorized dealer in the North Bay Area. Fahad is the owner and he did an awesome job on both cars. I highly recommend them if you live in the North Bay Area and are looking to have this done to your car. However, he will travel just about anywhere.

2013 MS 85 Multi Red

Also it looks like the windows on your red model S are tinted. Did you get that done in the North Bay as well?

2013 MS 85 Multi Red

Thank you so much! I had a blast working on those two cars and I am glad you enjoyed the results. This was an amazing experience, beyond just detailing the car thanks to you and your cordial family. :)

Thanks! I've been looking for North Bay providers.... +1 how much?

UPDATE: looks like on their website they quote $1250, or $1400 if you get "optical pro plus" whatever that means. Looks like this is a "COMPLETE OPTI-COAT PRO CAR PACKAGE" that includes quite a few other things on the exterior as well as the interior.

http://www.robustd.com/complete-packages.html

Tkizzy, and everyone who is curious about my OCP installation process, I would like to elaborate. Currently the price of application for OCP on the paint only is $495. The prep of the paint usually depends on how good you want your car to look and I try my best to gauge that. I like to educate my customers on what I have to offer and let them make the choice(Though I do get people who say, "just do what you think is right." This makes me smile and go well beyond since they have put their trust in me.) Hence, the price can vary a bit depending on what I can deduce. :)

A lot of customers have also asked me recently about the 'Pro Plus'. Pro Plus is an additional topper that got added to the Optimum arsenal as a second coat on top of the Pro Plus. This topper enhances the anti-water spotting capability while marginally increasing the gloss and substantially adding slickness to the coating. 90% of the jobs now I do have Pro Plus added to it... it's like 'Might as well, right?' There is no harm to adding this additional topper.

One important pointer I would like to bring up is to have the car coated as soon as possible, disregarding what protective coating you choose. Coatings are durable, thick and hard wearing. Hence, they lock in all sorts of imperfections that may be added by the environment and may be removed by your detailer. I've come across cars that are right off the lot and seem to come pretty banged up. Ideally, you would want to pull the car out in the sun and stare at the sun's reflection on the paint to see what kind of imperfections are on the paint.

Lastly, pricing varies between detailers. Everyone is different and has their own levels of expectations. Personally, I think that it's more about what philosophy you believe in, the experience you receive and the connection between you and your detailer that formulates a service rendered. After all, isn't that the philosophy-driven mindset what drove a lot of people on here to buy a Tesla in the first place? :)

If you have any more questions, you can send me an e-mail at [email protected]. I hope I helped clarify a few things and I will keep an eye here to provide any more answers to the best of my ability.

Thank You & Regards,

Another preferred auto detail company with over 30 years paint restoration mobileprodetailing.com.

Open 7 days a week

Opti coat pro install $799 includes any paints restoration up to four hours.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    704.4 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    467.4 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    490.2 KB · Views: 78