Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla honor this referral?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ultimately placed my Model S order because of seeing and driving one of my client's 85D's. She ordered earlier this year. I placed my order a couple of weeks ago, and I'm still in my cancelation period. So I could cancel and re-order though her referral link. I would expect Tesla to honor this "real" referral. My local Tesla rep is looking into it. Initially he said no, but then looked at the verbiage and though it would be honored because I can still cancel my order.

Anyone else in a similar situation and already get an answer back from Tesla?

I would think if you're still able to cancel with no penalty then there should be no reason for them not to honor it, assuming you're fine with the additional days/week delay that the cancellation/reorder causes you.

Can I refer my wife for our Model X purchase?

Only S.

This though would be the easiest way for someone to get 10 referrals: find 10 people who have ordered, but is still in the cancellation period and get in contact with them: "Hey, do you want $1000 discount on the car you just ordered? Just talk to your DS and give him this link. No strings attached."

However Tesla might get suspicious.

Maybe I'll just hang around the Tesla store and sell some cars one day.

I had this thought briefly as well since I've effectively done this in the past. I've ended up answering questions while stopping for just a few minutes to see what's new. More when Tesla wasn't permitted to sell in Virginia, but as an owner non-employee I could say or do whatever I wanted.

I know I've sold more than 10 cars. But I'm not going to go out of my way or come up with some ridiculous scheme to get referral credits. While a free model X would be great, I'm more interested in attending the opening party/tour of the battery factory.

Come on guys, can you please conduct yourself in a professional manner? I don't want you to compound this issue and have the frequency of events like this increase.

I resist this. I'm just being direct, not trying to alternate back and forth, not just going with the current. I do however try to stay conductive to new stiumli, whatever sparks my interest or gets my juices flowing. Currently that is.

I resist this. I'm just being direct, not trying to alternate back and forth, not just going with the current. I do however try to stay conductive to new stiumli, whatever sparks my interest or gets my juices flowing. Currently that is.
I see, I see. I'd induct you into the Politically Correct circuit, but the transformer is winding down to its core and only works on Apples.

I see, I see. I'd induct you into the Politically Correct circuit, but the transformer is winding down to its core and only works on Apples.

I'm gauging a transformation of the topic. It's no longer analogous to its roots but switching modes. The exchange is morphing in to a quantum state, with multiple levels in a simultaneous process. For an outside observer it may seem chaotic, but from my particular viewpoint it's not.