Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The importance of national Drive electric week, from an oil field worker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello my friends, this is John Gallagher I volunteered to be the city captain for the first ever National Drive Electric Week in Oklahoma City. I know there's a lot of events going on that week but I want to make the case that for cities like Oklahoma's city is utmost important to have the national Drive electric week. There are a lot of people that have never seen an EV in Oklahoma and for me for this oil field worker is not about going green is that an EV is freaking cool. I am reaching out to Tesla owners because I think it's important to have a Tesla I'll be honest if we don't have a Tesla at this event I just don't feel like it's as successful we do have a volt and a Cadillac ELR and a leaf coming but we really need a Tesla and why this is so important is because in the Midwest in many parts of the country people never seen an EV and it is my belief that we need to market and sell and get the next group of people excited about EV's and that's what marketers call the early majority. I think it's great that the events in places like Los Angeles are so huge and that is good for the cause but are you preaching to the choir? It is time to spread the word to the rest of the country, I've never seen a Tesla in the wild well and there's a lot of people like me.

Okay, I'm confirmed for Saturday -- I'll be leaving NE Tarrant around 8 and having a leisurely drive up to be at the Paseo Arts District around 11:00-11:30 for lunch. Anyone else making the journey North for Oklahoma City's FIRST National Drive Electric Week celebration?

Had a great time! I think twenty-six cars ( five Models S) came and we had lots of visitors. Many people had never seen an EV, much less a Tesla before - was so much fun talking EVs.

4fdf9ca5472b2a198e902b24a7813038.jpg

226dc276b5f7829262c6ea538747b33a.jpg

f8c758683fd841445fd2090f01b58f64.jpg