Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model S Dual Motor Launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone planing to go?

Dual Motor Launch.png

Sounds like it will be a bit of a reproduction of what they did to launch the P85D in the US originally.

I can't believe they'll be showing ludicrous speed though. The cars have probably only just been landed if they're not still on the boats, and they wouldn't want to take the chance of messing up the upgrade and being left with a brick awaiting parts from the US. Don't worry though - Insane mode is such a massive leap in performance from P85/+ that you'll be amazed (I know - I still catch myself grinning when I think about my 3 minutes in a P85D).

I'll be there though.

At the rate of technological improvement and Elons quest for headline grabbing 0-60mph times, I'm wondering how long before he mounts 2x 502hp motors in a Model S to claims another title (and 1000hp+ EV) and the further $$ upgrade before anyone in Oz can get the ludicrous mode installed.

At the rate of technological improvement and Elons quest for headline grabbing 0-60mph times, I'm wondering how long before he mounts 2x 502hp motors in a Model S to claims another title (and 1000hp+ EV) and the further $$ upgrade before anyone in Oz can get the ludicrous mode installed.

He must be keeping other automakers on their toes. When is this guy gunna let up with his innovations they must be thinking ... we have to plan this stuff years ahead.
No other auto maker comes anywhere near this 21st Century car maker.
He works social media like no other and we lap it up with glee.
Lets face it, he d man.

He must be keeping other automakers on their toes. When is this guy gunna let up with his innovations they must be thinking ... we have to plan this stuff years ahead.
No other auto maker comes anywhere near this 21st Century car maker.
Lets face it, he d man.
He certainly is. No one really needs to take all the upgrades. Most are just there to stir the opposition.

Lets face it, he d man.

He tweets & deletes like no other! I'm beginning to think it's deliberate...sends the Twittersphere into fibulations :)

Actually not on Twitter so for all I know he hasn't deleted for a while...but as a way to really get chatter going, it seems to be effective, deliberate or not.

Last edited: