Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A very bad day for Andrea James

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny to watch analysts on different stocks. A favorite here had a bad day with Ssys. I can't imagine what made her say Ssys a buy but clearly a bad call as you look at numbers today. To recommend buy 3 days before miss and guidance withdrawn by company is bad form. Would love to find out her reasoning behind the call. Does anyone know.

We use the word "plummet" differently. For me plummet would be like 80% down. Then again, I follow TSLA, so 10+% is a daily occurrence.

In the investment headline world, there are so many words for price reduction, where to begin? Drops, falls, plummets, tanks, slammed, collapses, nosedives, decreases, dips, plunges, cuts, spills, slumps, swoons, belly flops, tumbles....

In the investment headline world, there are so many words for price reduction, where to begin? Drops, falls, plummets, tanks, slammed, collapses, nosedives, decreases, dips, plunges, cuts, spills, slumps, swoons, belly flops, tumbles....
"linguistic inflation"

"OMG the stock tanked."
"Really?"
"Yeah, it's down $1."
"And that's..."
"0.0001%!"
"OMG, sell!"

"linguistic inflation"

"OMG the stock tanked."
"Really?"
"Yeah, it's down $1."
"And that's..."
"0.0001%!"
"OMG, sell!"
Yeah but Ssys down over 100 dollars in months and down 15 % further on this report. Not linguistic inflation. I bought Ssys at 85 sold out 115 I love technology but couldn't figure out what I would print out. I would have loved to have one but could not justify. I know you can pick examples out but would not have every day use, so sold the stock. I believe in the tech but do not believe that a significant number of homes will have one now. Ssys relied heavily on the low end consumer and not business customers. HP coming out with a leap in equipment next yr as well

- - - Updated - - -

Of course everyone can have a bad call. Just don't follow blindly. Saw Cramer laughing over their report on CNBC interesting because he was recommending buying it months ago. Hope nobody listened but if I were him I would consider being contrite

I owned SSYS for a while when it was ripping higher. Luckily I got out of all of those names while they were flying high. I think 3D printing is going to be a big deal, just...not yet. It's a bit too early for doing anything but speculating in these names.

Home 3D printing is kind of like how for a very long time people we're buying books like crazy but they didn't get a book press at home until it got as cheap and good as one of today's paper printers which can make things that look just as professional as any printed item you can buy in a store. When 3D printers for home use reach that level it will take off.