Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regular 19's vs. Cyclones?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dont know how anyone could get the Cyclones when the 19' T-Sportline turbines exist, the spokes on the Cyclones are not attractive, just not a good looking rim. Even the stock 19's look better and cost nothing. And the Sportline's are cheaper and better looking. :wink:

This was a dropped thread, but I'd be curious to know if there's any difference in efficiency between the Sportlines and the Cyclones.

19' TST wheels and possible increased energy usage

I was the OP for this thread. I have since changed to Pirelli Cinturato P7 all season plus tires, and my energy use dramatically went down. It now appears to be on-par with the OEM 19's wheels.

Regarding the 19" standard wheels, I have heard suggestions that they can be powder coated the Tesla grey color and end up looking surprisingly nice.

I'm considering this for my spare set of standard 19"s and would like to see it on a white car, if anyone can share has a pic.

I couldn't justify the big difference in price to buy the Cyclones. They are nice but at the same time not as symmetrical as I'd like. Too bad they weren't just a couple hundred bucks more than base 19s. I'm happy with the base wheels though.

Nice! Though the uneven chrome trim between the doors is making me twitch.

This is something tesla really struggles with!! As long as the issue isn't with the long piece of bright work along the top it's all just tension mounted and it's very easy to align yourself vs waiting for the techs to finally do it. The last time I was there they showed me how easy it is to move it.