Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audi Q6 e-tron EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Mod note: changed original title to remove “First Pictures of”, now that this has become our generic thread for the Q6 EV)

We will see in Frankfurt.

AUDI-Q6-concept-02_1440x655c.jpg

AUDI-Q6-concept-01.jpg

audi-q6-boceto-1_1280x512c.jpg

Audi Q6 auf der IAA: Erste Bilder vom Tesla-Fighter - AUTO MOTOR UND SPORT

Last edited by a moderator:
These modular car platforms might seem to be a good idea in terms of saving some development costs, but obviously they are suboptimal for BEVs. Will this have an optimal battery layout or aerodynamics? Probably not.

How much horsepower does the Model X have? I was unaware the specs had been released.

There's not an official number that I'm aware of, but I can't imagine it'll be less than the Model S. The Audi in the article claims to have 500HP, and the P85D has that much in the rear motor alone. From Elon's "three dog day" announcement, we know that the Model X will make 0 to 60 in about 3.2 seconds with Ludicrous Mode, which is only 0.4 seconds slower than the P85D's time.

Therefore, it stands to reason that the expected horsepower on the Model X will be more (probably far more​) than the Audi's projected 500HP.

Has less horsepower than a Model X, its most direct competitor, and starts at $120,000 (€110,000). Things aren't looking too good for Audi in this market unless they can come up with some solid advantages over the MX.

Buying from an established brand that is perceived to be a solid choice from a financial stability and depreciation point of view, and already on most company car lists might be one...

There's not an official number that I'm aware of, but I can't imagine it'll be less than the Model S. The Audi in the article claims to have 500HP, and the P85D has that much in the rear motor alone. .

You are not aware, that that is not P85D's real motor output? From three different dynos and various VBOX measurements we know, that P85D’s real combined motor output is less than 500 hp.

If I read correctly, Q6 will be for order in 2017 & delivery in 2018.

Leaves 2 years to Tesla to position the MX in the market with all the incremental updates they would have seen fit to do in the meantime.
It will be interesting to see how traditional automaker will keep up with all the tech evolution on their EVs.