Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road trip to St. Louis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

I am planning to take a road trip from E. Texas to St. Louis and Chicago and I am wondering if it is possible with Tesla superchargers.

According to Google maps: I can go through Texarkana, Little Rock, Farmington (MO) and then to St. Louis

But using MS ...since there are no super chargers along that route I have to go different way and add 300-400 miles extra::eek:

First day: range charge my car and then head to Ardmore supercharger ( Stop for Lunch)
Ardmore to Perry supercharger then to Wichita

Next day: Wichita to Topeka and then to Independence MO and then to St. Charles

Has anybody taken a road trip from Dallas to St. Louis?

Does this sound o.k or is it better to take an ICE car and save some miles but pay for gas??:cursing:

First day: range charge my car and then head to Ardmore supercharger ( Stop for Lunch)
Ardmore to Perry supercharger then to Wichita

Next day: Wichita to Topeka and then to Independence MO and then to St. Charles

Has anybody taken a road trip from Dallas to St. Louis?

Does this sound o.k or is it better to take an ICE car and save some miles but pay for gas??:cursing:

Big trade off. I have done STL->ABQ, so my advice can only cover OK and parts north/east. If you drive reasonably, you can go straight from Wichita to Independence thereby skipping Topeka (it's out of the way and adds too much time, IMHO). On my way west, I did stop in Topeka, but on my way home, I decided to try skipping it - no problems (and that is with a stop at IKEA in Kansas City suburbs on my way back to Independence).

There are many of us awaiting the I-44 corridor to get a few superchargers to make getting to OKC easier. Also, hopefully next year will see some attention given to 40 in Arkansas and 55 in MO in AR.

ps - if you are up for meeting some local STL Tesla enthusiasts - check out stltesla.org - there are a number of us that love meeting up with drivers from afar!

I know several DFW owners who have driven to KC area, and multiple drivers have made Independence to St. Charles trek.

I plan to visit my cousin in St. Louis when things slow down (to merely frantic) @ work, will use Superchargers exclusively.
No, it is NOT the most direct route (diagonal thru Arkansas being the most direct route), but it is certainly much quicker than using RV parks as your charging option.

Driving on thru Springfield and then to Chicago sounds like a fun trip.
Springfield is NOT to be missed (if you have the time), a lot of Lincoln history there (Library, Lincoln Tomb and his intact neighborhood), plus a chance to tour the phenomenal Dana-Thomas House and State Capital buildings.

For me, taking the Tesla would be my first choice, more relaxing and safer way to drive.
If you are time constrained, I guess you could pack and fly into St. Louis, rent a car and then fly again into Chicago, or maybe drive up to Chicago.