Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon's email: suggests Model X Founder Series options max out at at $25k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For comparison...

If you start with the top-end Model S configuration (P85D) the options are:
- 1.5 Red Multi-Coat exterior paint
- 1.5 All Glass Panoramic Roof
- 4.5 21" Turbine Wheels
- 2.5 NG Seats
- 1 Carbon Fiber Décor
- 10 Ludicrous
- 1 Carbon Fiber Spoiler
- 2.5 Autopilot Convenience Features
- 3 Range Upgrade
- 3 Premium Interior and Lighting
- 2.5 Smart Air Suspension
- 2.5 UHFS
- 1 Subzero Weather Package
- 3 Rear Facing Seats

$39,500 in options

If you start with the bottom-end Model S configuration (70) you could argue that Ludicrous, Range, and AWD aren't really "options" which brings the max options down to $26,500.

So I guess it's on par with bottom-end Model S configuration options.

Last edited:
For comparison...

If you start with the top-end Model S configuration (P85D) the options are:
- 1.5 Red Multi-Coat exterior paint
- 1.5 All Glass Panoramic Roof
- 4.5 21" Turbine Wheels
- 2.5 NG Seats
- 1 Carbon Fiber Décor
- 10 Ludicrous
- 1 Carbon Fiber Spoiler
- 2.5 Autopilot Convenience Features
- 3 Range Upgrade
- 3 Premium Interior and Lighting
- 2.5 Smart Air Suspension
- 2.5 UHFS
- 1 Subzero Weather Package
- 3 Rear Facing Seats

$39,500 in options

Yes, but if you subtract range upgrade and Ludicrous you are just about at 25K. Those are unusual "options" (really range upgrade is just another battery config).

Yes, but if you subtract range upgrade and Ludicrous you are just about at 25K. Those are unusual "options" (really range upgrade is just another battery config).
But these are options just the same.

What are we sure about that's surely options? Won't take a lot to get to $25k, so I'm thinking reduced options. Everything else included already.

• battery
  • ludicrous
  • 3rd row seats options
  • towing
  • wheels
  • cloth or leather

More importantly:
"The first current customer to make 10 referrals will also receive a free Model X, Tesla's next vehicle to be released. "
My money is on the guy in Iceland (or Vegas or whatever, I forget) referring 10 of his friends with a promise to buy their vehicles for his taxi fleet after they take delivery. If I was him, I'd do that for a Founder's X.

Was thinking the same thing when I read this. Just adding up the Model S options one can get well above $25k easily. If they price the X single % above Model S, the Founder's Series base price will have to be ~$110,000 and include most upgrades standard. If I remember correctly they did something similar with Founders / Signature for Model S where you only had a couple options to choose from to limit production complexity.

I feel for the person who gets to referral 10, only to be told that someone else got 10 the day before and already claimed the X.

"Early bird", "Snooze you lose", and all that...

So, basically about $700k to buy yourself that "free" Model X... and have ten 70's to sell. lol.

Well, in true TMC tradition let's pick apart the small print.....

The email says "10 orders" so you place 10 orders for various friends and family but unfortunately they all decline delivery later and you lose 10 x $2,500 deposits BUT get your Model X for free if you're quick! Sounds like a good deal to me. :)

Well, in true TMC tradition let's pick apart the small print.....

The email says "10 orders" so you place 10 orders for various friends and family but unfortunately they all decline delivery later and you lose 10 x $2,500 BUT get your Model X for free! Sounds like a good deal to me. :)
10 x 2500 = $25,000

This just in: get a Model X Founder's Edition and only pay for the options!