Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC available at Lake Phoenix Rawlings, VA - I85 Exit 39

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made a deal with the owner/operator of Lake Phoenix in Rawlings, VA. I provide an HPWC; he installs it and makes it accessible to the public. To my surprise, he agreed!

The HPWC is now online (40A @ 240v) and available for public use 24hrs. The HPWC is located just a few miles of I-85 (exit 39 Rawlings, VA - Left on RT1 South, Right on Quarry Lane). Ideally, this will bring in some SCUBA/Swimming business to his lake operation. You'll find the HPWC is listed on Plug Share approximately 30 miles north of the South Hill Supercharger. This is a much better alternative to the I-85 KOA if you're running a little short headed South to the South Hill SuC.

Note: The charger is at the end of an improved gravel road.

I made a deal with the owner/operator of Lake Phoenix in Rawlings, VA. I provide an HPWC; he installs it and makes it accessible to the public. To my surprise, he agreed!

The HPWC is now online (40A @ 240v) and available for public use 24hrs. The HPWC is located just a few miles of I-85 (exit 39 Rawlings, VA - Left on RT1 South, Right on Quarry Lane). Ideally, this will bring in some SCUBA/Swimming business to his lake operation. You'll find the HPWC is listed on Plug Share approximately 30 miles north of the South Hill Supercharger. This is a much better alternative to the I-85 KOA if you're running a little short headed South to the South Hill SuC.

Note: The charger is at the end of an improved gravel road.
That was wonderful of you to do, but here's a better deal for you that wouldn't cost you anything-- Tesla provides two HPWCs to the property and may even contribute something towards the installation cost. It's the Tesla destination charging program:
Destination Charging | Tesla Motors
Look on your list of charging stations in the nav system-- that's what all the HPWCs are.
If you find any other suitable locations, you can use the contact form on that page or give it to the establishment so they can apply for the program.
Search destination charging here for a lot more info about it.

I'm aware. I actually called Tesla about it but I got the impression it was a bit of a niche location. I was thinking I might be able to have Tesla add it to the destination locations since it's available now. Have to see how that goes...

[Edit: Request sent to Tesla]

Last edited:
Have any Roadster owners tried out this HPWC (with Henry's CAN Sr adapter)?

It sounds like MOST HPWCs work with Henry's CAN, but not all. I'm trying to make a trip to Raleigh (from the DC area) and this is just about perfectly halfway. However, it's beyond my halfway range so, if I get down there and it no workie, I'm pretty well screwed (I could always backtrack to the KOA campground, if I had to...I know).