Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JB Straubel - Some new Model 3 slides

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This presentation was given on 03-23-2015. CO-OP THINK - JB Straubel on Tesla
A good overview of Tesla, where it started and where it's going. Nothing really new, but I found it worth listening to. To me the main takeaway is that Tesla has a clear set of goals and the company moves forward and accomplishes objectives and doesn't listen to the naysayers and short term thinkers.

This presentation was given on 03-23-2015. CO-OP THINK - JB Straubel on Tesla
A good overview of Tesla, where it started and where it's going. Nothing really new, but I found it worth listening to. To me the main takeaway is that Tesla has a clear set of goals and the company moves forward and accomplishes objectives and doesn't listen to the naysayers and short term thinkers.

Clearly said Model 3 was where most of their R&D is focused. Of course that'd include anything to make cars cheaper, which they want to do anyway.

Oh, I did like his comment about the advance of battery technology. Basically: people watch the progress, but get bored and look away for 5 years, and then suddenly think that there's been a big breakthrough.

Last edited:
Over and above what they're investing internally in R&D, Model S owners are a huge part of that Model 3 R&D today with almost 100,000 real-life "test cars."

On a more shallow note, JB is my hero for popularizing the open button-down with the T-shirt beneath look :cool: Pehaps the nerd equivalent to "pants on the ground." My tie collection is collecting dust !