Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to contact Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I was waiting for my MS I called the corporate delivery number and left three messages over two weeks and never got a return call. Eventually my car showed up and it didn't matter but I have some feedback for them and I'm curious what number or who to call.

When I bought the vehicle they told me I'd get the paperwork in the mail in about two weeks and I had 30 days to take it in. In reality it was over three weeks when I received the docs and by the time I went to the tag office it was 32 days since purchase and I was assessed a $450 late fee.

Now I admit I should have been more on top of things but I wish Tesla had mentioned the substantial penalty for being late and mentioned the exact deadline date. I know it is my responsibility but I feel if they are going to avoid dealers then they should help out all they can. Obviously I wouldn't have had to pay this fee if I had purchased from a traditional auto maker.

Additionally if they would have told me when they mailed the docs and sent a tracking number I wouldn't have missed the Saturday delivery.

In the end I only had four business days from the time I had the paperwork in order to register and avoid the penalty. I'm assuming many Tesla customers are in the same boat as I am and have work and family obligations that make it difficult to go to the tag office on such short notice.