Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tinton Falls, NJ (Jersey Shore Premium Outlets)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
fyi there is a post under the Tesla Motors forums in the NJ section that says superchargers are under construction at the Jersey Shore Premium Outlets. Need NJ shore supercharger. | Forums | Tesla Motors

jersey_shore.png

I don't know the authenticity of this poster. Also they said 9 stalls and AFAIK none of the other charging stations are odd numbers so I have my doubts until I see proof that this is for real.

While most Supercharger Sites have an even number of Charging Stalls, there are some Superchargers with an odd number of Charging Stalls. Madison, WI is one example.

This usually happens when parking spaces are tight and there are only an odd number of spaces available.

That looks a bit beyond the permitting stage.

Amazing, a supercharger only 3 miles from home :)

Location is very close to Garden State Parkway. Take exit 102 when coming from north. Shorter and you avoid the toll
There are eight charging stalls, so original poster counted wrong or hit wrong key on keyboard.
Configuration is pretty much standard
Location is prime, right next to north entrance, just opposite the handicap parking spots. Lot was full (8pm) but the signage was respected today.
So I would say that risk of ICE'ing is quite high.

There is a food court inside with following choices:
Asian Chao
Bananas
Dairy Queen/Orange Julius
Green Leaf’s
Nathan’s Famous
South Philly Steak & Fries
Villa Fresh Italian Kitchen

Within app 0.4mile: Brick House Tavern + Tap
Within app 0.5mile: Ruby Tuesday and Arby's
Within app 0.6mile: Walmart with Subway
within 0.7 mile across RT66: McDonald

The installation is complete. Transformer is humming and meter installed, but not powered on.
Maybe waiting for final inspection before being turned on.
Another reason could be that there is foundation and wiring for two light poles, but no light poles installed yet.
I took a bunch of pictures, and will swing by regularly to keep an eye on progress
0730151946a.jpg
0730151947.jpg
0730151950.jpg
0730151949a.jpg
0730151949.jpg
0730151948.jpg
0730151947a.jpg

Please forgive me if this is not the best place to post this as I am new to posting in these forums. According to Tesla's website, on their Supercharger map, there appear to be 2 additional superchargers planned to open in New Jersey before the end of the year. The one near Atlantic City has been referred to in this thread. The other one appears to be just a little south of the Edison Supercharger, Possibly in the New Brunswick or North Brunswick areas. I've enclosed 2 small screen shots of the site. The first one is "Today" and the second one from the "2015" map. Does anyone have any information about this?? Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 6.09.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 6.09.51 AM.png

I am told it will be fully functional by Wednesday 8/12 :)

I was checking the site today Thurs 8/13. Transformer humming, meter active, but no charging.

My bet is that this site will not be activated until the two lightpoles have been installed.
Foundation and wiring is ready, but no sign of the poles yet..

Please forgive me if this is not the best place to post this as I am new to posting in these forums. According to Tesla's website, on their Supercharger map, there appear to be 2 additional superchargers planned to open in New Jersey before the end of the year. The one near Atlantic City has been referred to in this thread. The other one appears to be just a little south of the Edison Supercharger, Possibly in the New Brunswick or North Brunswick areas. I've enclosed 2 small screen shots of the site. The first one is "Today" and the second one from the "2015" map. Does anyone have any information about this?? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 90242View attachment 90243

The one planned for South Jersey looks like it'll be near the GSP and Expressway junction, Egg Harbor Township I'm guessing. I occasionally google search looking for town meeting minutes, but so far no confirmation