Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla desperately needs to add Services Centers in Colorado, or move the Denver one

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The situation in Denver is far from ideal - the tiny service center is centrally located, but way too small. It's handling both new cars (detailing and delivery) and of course all repairs. Making an appointment to get repairs over the last months since I got my car has ranged from nearly a month to several months out. They don't have a parking lot, so their solution apparently was to rent a warehouse a few miles away and drive cars there that don't need to be in the mechanic bays at that moment. The front office is about 150 square feet. It's just a crazy small location. We've got a new service manager I spoke with yesterday and he was helpful, friendly, and talked me off the cliff yesterday but he knows it's a tough situation and he's really trying to do his best. It's just too small. They need to move to a location 3-4 times the size, and do it immediately. They should also follow through on opening locations in distant but adjacent areas like Boulder ASAP. I spoke to a tow driver with a Tesla contract on Sunday and he said he's driven as much as 6 hours one-way to pick up cars and bring them to the Denver service center. I'm not sure how they can sustain more sales with this tiny shop. It's just not good for anybody involved, Tesla included!

Last edited:
Besides Boulder, I think another good location would be around C-470 and Lucent. There are lots of high-end car dealerships nearby, plenty of room and it's just a few miles west of the Tesla Gallery at Park Meadows. I can imagine that being able to see the Tesla Service Center from the highway would definitely generate some sales as well.

A location off I-25, south of C-470 might also be a good spot as well.

Besides Boulder, I think another good location would be around C-470 and Lucent. There are lots of high-end car dealerships nearby, plenty of room and it's just a few miles west of the Tesla Gallery at Park Meadows. I can imagine that being able to see the Tesla Service Center from the highway would definitely generate some sales as well.

I agree that this would be an ideal location, and I swear it's not just because I live nearby. :)

Boulder often chases businesses away with onerous city rules and high taxes. A lot of businesses have moved out to Erie, Lafayette, Louisville or Longmont. I live near Interlocken Business Park (Broomfield) where a few expat business, formerly in Boulder, are located.

There is plenty of land out here, and it's within 10 mins of the Boulder border.

That said, I don't see a lot of Teslas in Boulder... any guess at how many owner in town? Or in the county?

Interesting thread in view of my experience last June, 2015. My wife and I were returning to Buffalo, NY from Pasadena, CA. We had stayed overnight in Silverthorne and when I started our Model S I got a low tire pressure warning. I localized the low tire and brought it up to proper pressure with the small compressor I had with me. As we made our way towards Denver I tried to call the Service Center and NO ONE answered at 9 AM! Called the central help number and finally got a callback from the Denver SC only to be told that they didn't have the 19" Michelin Primacy in stock. The blithely advised me to visit one of their local tire dealers like Big O or Discount Tire. Nearest store was Big O. Great guys, took the tire off and found a very tiny nail (1/32-1/16" diameter) in the sidewall so they said the tire could not be repaired. They could get new tires in about 3-4 DAYS! Thankfully there was a Discount Tire literally next store that was able to get the tires drop shipped from their warehouse in 2 hours. Now I understand why the SC might not have had sufficient room to stock the tires.

Yeah I have the standard 19" tire and they had 1-2 in stock when I was there, they had to put my name on one while my car was being towed in to make sure it was available to me when we arrived. It's sort of insane considering it seems a huge chunk of what the SC does is replacing flat tires.

The people seem great. I know there's been a ton of turnover. I spoke with people last year when my car was on order - none of them are still around. I talked to people the week I got my car, and none of those people are still around. I talked with someone there in April and they aren't around anymore either. I spoke with the new manager and he really wants to get it under control. I just think he's hamstringed by the size of the building and number of stalls. It's crazy small. I hope they either open a second location (we all agree ear Highlands Ranch on 470 would be terrific) or just move there altogether. They sacrificed everything to be central. It was fine before the Model S existed, but they're so busy now. Ironically when I was there they had 2 Roadsters on the racks and two in the tiny "parking lot".

Do want to say that I had my service visit today, and the staff was very friendly and pleasant and everything was very smooth and they were great with communication throughout the day letting me know how it was going. So if they can get to a bigger location, or open up more locations in Denver, they've got a home run situation. It's just not reasonable to expect people used to waiting zero days to get a car into the dealer to tolerate 40-60 days delay. That's my only complaint today, and I truly hope they are reading this and taking prompt action because more Model S's are selling every day and the Model X is coming.