Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will Elon say about Model X during Q2 earnings call on August 5?

What will Elon say about Model X during Q2 earnings call on August 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
os3az.jpg

You missed the option of: "The first customers (Founders) have already been invited to configure their cars"

True. But I am willing to bet if the Founders have been secretly invited to configure their cars, Elon will not tell us during the earnings conference, he will instead tell us when they deliver the Founders cars at a reveal event. If the Founders have already been invited, I am guessing his update will be one of the first two options.

By the time the earnings call happens, delivery on track for deliveries in about two months mean that the X is delayed in to Q4, so those two options are equivalent.

Yeah, that option should be that he just repeats that they are still on track for September deliveries with no other information, leaving people on these boards fuming and arguing (although that will probably be the case regardless of what he says).

By the time the earnings call happens, delivery on track for deliveries in about two months mean that the X is delayed in to Q4, so those two options are equivalent.
The second option should really read "Model X is on track for first deliveries next month" in order to avoid redundancy, as September will be "next month" as of the call. Of course, Elon will probably think it's still July if the past is any indication.

The second option should really read "Model X is on track for first deliveries next month" in order to avoid redundancy, as September will be "next month" as of the call. Of course, Elon will probably think it's still July if the past is any indication.

Yea, that is pretty much why I put that he would say "about 2 months". But yes, the intent of that option is that he will give no new information and stick to the previously communicated status.

What often happens with Tesla announcements and press events of any kind, is that there is/are change(s) to the website.

It could be that the configurator goes live during the call, so that he can say "the configurator is now live" and that news gets rolled into the overall news regarding profits & revenue etc. - as it concerns after-hours TSLA movements and into the following morning.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got high confidence the Model X web page won't look the same as it does today, by the end of next week.

I know what I'd like him to say, which is to list three events with actual dates. I doubt he will, as Tesla likes to send out cryptic e-mails and tweets to build mystery and buzz. OK if those happen separate from call. But the call would generate huge buzz for TSLA if he said:

1. We will be having a reveal event for invited reservation holders (Sigs?) to deliver Founder cars and offer test drives at Fremont/Hawthorne on "date".
2. We will start 'Get Amped Model X' test drive blitz events at our showrooms/galleries/select locations on "date". Reservation holders will get an e-mail inviting them to a nearby event.
3. We will open the online design studio for select reservation holders (Sigs?) on "date". We will then proceed sequentially with all reservation holders over the next several months.

I'd love those dates to be late-September for event 1 (to meet the Q3 delivery statement) and then early October - events 2 and 3 could happen simultaneously or flip positions, though most people, but not all, would like to test drive the car before purchase.

Certain dates like that will make buzz build, reservations spike and drive the stock higher in anticipation.

Building cars is extremely difficult and we ummm we uh really need to get the X ummm we uh are going to make sure that the cars are right from the first car off the line. So I uhh I think we are on track with deliveries happening soon and whether the ramp up happens in umm quarter 3 or ummm or uh if it happens in quarter 4 is irrelevant to our long term goals.

X configuration will be online soon, we just umm we uh want to make sure we have options bundled and streamlined as much as possible to maximize production efficiency.

Hey, just a shot in the dark of what he might say.

Last edited:
Building cars is extremely difficult and we ummm we uh really need to get the X ummm we uh are going to make sure that the cars are right from the first car off the line. So I uhh I think we are on track with deliveries happening soon and whether the ramp up happens in umm quarter 3 or ummm or uh if it happens in quarter 4 is irrelevant to our long term goals.

X configuration will be online soon, we just umm we uh want to make sure we have options bundled and streamlined as much as possible to maximize production efficiency.

Hey, just a shot in the dark of what he might say.

Wow, you nailed it! For a second I thought you were quoting Elon himself. :rolleyes:

Q4 2015. Well, he might not say that exactly, but if you read coldly between the lines, it's what he'll mean.
Every earnings release has indicated a delay of at least 1, mostly 2 and sometimes 3 months, The last one included the nonsense about not having a big launch to keep the surprise or something, when what he actually meant was that maybe if they skip the usual launch it'll save time and they can dribble a couple out in Q3. Nothing since has suggested that it's imminent, so my guess would be another delay, taking it into Q4.

Last edited:
The date for the event where they will reveal the production version of the Tesla Model X will be in September 2015. And deliveries will start a week or two after this event. But production will already have started in August 2015. That's what he will announce on the Conference Call on August 5th 2015.