Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very Orange Roadster for Sale on Ebay - low Reserve already met

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a Very Orange Roadster for sale on EBay - #569.
The bids are only at 45K$ for a first owner car with only 10K miles and the reserve is already met... seems really low to me for a 2010:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tesla-Roadster-Base-Convertible-2-Door-/231634877855

The seller mentions a lot of details, thus sounds quite legit for such a low price...could be a very good deal!
For example, he mentions having a switch for disabling airbag on passenger side for allowing kids to seat in.
I remember threads on this but didn't find one about #569.

Wonder if TEG can find references for it :)

FYI, I am the owner if anyone on the forum has questions. To answer the common question, I'm selling because I just don't get the same use/joy out of the car as I once did (sorry, I realize that's sacrilegious to say here). At this point my use amounts to driving on (rough) DC roads to get my coffee on weekend mornings, which is not as much fun as it once was. As for the low reserve, I don't want to waste time so let's see what the market says.

Tempting, and I'm local too. I just have nowhere to garage it. 3-car garage and already have 4 cars. I'd have to get a lift and put it above my S. Argh.

I'm aware there have been several updates on the roadster (pem, fans, etc) but am not as familiar with the history as the S. What updates (if any) have been performed? I see the car is out of warranty.

Last edited:
FYI, I am the owner if anyone on the forum has questions. To answer the common question, I'm selling because I just don't get the same use/joy out of the car as I once did (sorry, I realize that's sacrilegious to say here). At this point my use amounts to driving on (rough) DC roads to get my coffee on weekend mornings, which is not as much fun as it once was. As for the low reserve, I don't want to waste time so let's see what the market says.

GWTS, I suspect that price will climb considerably by the end of the week. Absolutely beautiful!

Well best of luck, it looks really good with the carbon fiber hard top and as ecarfan says, you should be able to fecth quite a bit more in the coming days.
Hope the interest stirred here will help you ;-)

As for parting with one of our jewels, 5 years of potholes is still quite an achievement.
I'm only in my second years with the potholes here in Montreal and navigating around them on a daily basis takes some part of the fun out...not much... for now.
Just hope to hold up for longer than 5 years!!!

What is the max range? Has this car been in any accidents or had any major repairs? Do you have the service history?

Wow, this is a really nice car - and I'm not biased or anything have very orange #501 :wink:

The vehicle history report shows no liens, accidents, etc. and only 10,000 miles? Very nice. It looks stock and very well maintained.

I think you have underpriced it.

Good luck with the sale. Someone is really going to enjoy this car.

Thanks for joining and sharing the info. I hope you get a fair price for it. :)

What is the max range? Has this car been in any accidents or had any major repairs? Do you have the service history?

Max range is high 180s with standard charge; I've never done a max charge.

No accidents.

Service history. I have had two battery pack replacements, one in early 2011 and one last fall (2014), due to bad cells. Battery pack was replaced with similar "vintage" both times so it is not a new battery. Tesla both times told me this was not because of an issue with the car, but bad luck with the battery packs.

I have been dealing with a flaky tire pressure monitor fault that seems to occur sporadically and then go away; they replaced one of the monitors in June, but it's crept back again, perhaps in a different tire. The buyer would want to pursue this further.

Other than that, it's been fairly standard maintenance.

If this had cropped up when I was shopping for one, I'd have been all over it. It's practically what I would have gotten if I'd ordered from Tesla. Color, interior, wheels, hard top. . . sound insulation. . . everything.

Still almost giddy with my white car anyhow, though! :D

Very nice!

$_57.JPG

I think you have underpriced it.

Good luck with the sale. Someone is really going to enjoy this car.

As the seller said, the market will price it. Setting a reserve low can sometimes be a strategy to get more interest. There does not seem to be much coorelation between early bid prices and ending price. The last few seconds on many Ebay auction prices are exponential.

SOLD $62,200

I missed my bid because my Paypal account was not properly linked to my ebay account. Alas, a costly blunder.

Sorry to hear that and I hope the seller won't regret your bid either.
The winning bid comes from someone very active on E-Bay with cars but that someone also retracted themselves 10 times in the last 6 months...
I'm not too familiar with E-Bay but it doesn't sound like a good stat...I guess this could also be a re-seller...
Hope we hear all is good from both of them and welcome a new member soon!