Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Bug: Sunroof Won't Close — Here Is a Workaround

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cottonwood

Roadster#433, Model S#S37
Feb 27, 2009
Colorado
My almost 3-year old Sig P85 was upgraded to 6.2 (2.4.253) recently.

I discovered a significant bug: The sunroof will open, but won't close.

Luckily, it was a nice sunny day. After talking to service, I found out that this is a known bug with recent firmware.

The workaround is pretty simple. Push and hold the close "button" on the touch screen, sunroof page; after a couple of seconds, the sunroof closes.

Luckily, it was a nice sunny day. After talking to service, I found out that this is a known bug with recent firmware.

The workaround is pretty simple. Push and hold the close "button" on the touch screen, sunroof page; after a couple of seconds, the sunroof closes.

Well that's pretty annoying. I'm still on .251 thankfully.

The other problem with this new upgrade concerning the sunroof is that it will not open at 12% like it used to. It only opens a crack. You have to open it to something >12% then back to 12% (vent)

Thanks to OP for this... stored in my memory bank in case I ever have this happen.

... can someone really tell between 20 and 25% open..? I feel like I'm scrolling forever here!
Personally I think the scroll wheels need sensitivity settings, at least in my late model 70D... I use the right one for the sunroof but I have to do so much scrolling to fully open or close that it often bounces back in the opposite direction.

The loaner under my belt right now (12/2014 P85 w/ AP) has .253 and the first two times I tried to open the sunroof, it didn't. The first time after 10 seconds the slider jumped back to Close from 75% that I selected. The second time it stayed at 75%. Thankfully, the third and each time since, it has worked as expected.

The other problem with this new upgrade concerning the sunroof is that it will not open at 12% like it used to. It only opens a crack. You have to open it to something >12% then back to 12% (vent)

The loaner on .253 and my car on .253 do this. I can't recall now if my car did this on .249, but it definitely did NOT do this on .239 (it behaved as one would expect).

Models 100D 2018. Exact same thing happened to me today. I just heard a snap and it wont close. I can see the møtor worls fine and the part attached to my car moves back & forward. But the sunroof wont close because of the broken arm.

Called Trsla road assistance but its sunday so everything is closed here. Put a service scheduele via app. Hope they can fix it soon :(

Attachments

• 20230716_115356.jpg
    20230716_115356.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 135