Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Youxia Ranger X - Chinese knockoff of the Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest Model S Copycat (rip-off) has been announced

See album here.

Youxia, a new Chinese electric vehicle startup, has just announced the Youxia X. Designed by a team of 50 in 482 days, the Youxia X has a single asynchronous motor powered by Panasonic 18650 cells, is capable of producing 270 kW of power and 440 Nm torque, and has a maximum range of 460 km and can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 5.6 seconds. It is expected to hit the market in 2017 and will be in the same price range as the Mercedes C-class, BMW 3-series, and Tesla Model 3.

By the way, the name "Youxia" comes from the Chinese word for "rider" as in Knight Rider. The car's OS, based on Android 5.1, is aptly named KITT OS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess this is the first company who took the patents and just copied almost everything.

I am just wondering who will buy this car when it is the same price as the model 3. Who would people trust more, Tesla or Youxia ??

I see this as yet another entrant in a series of attempts to duplicate Tesla's success in the EV auto market. (Even the entrants with fish tanks as accessories :smile: )

The more the merrier - there is a big big market for replacement of existing ICE vehicles.

May the best products win.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Great, build it! We need more EVs, not fewer. Something about accelerating the advent of sustainable transport. I believe tesla has the engineering talent to stay a step or two ahead.
Agreed. The more EV manufacturers the better. Many will fail, some will succeed.
Every new product draws on work done by others. Tesla drew on the work done by lithium ion cell designers, AC induction motor designers, touchscreen display designers, etc. etc. etc. and then combined it all into a new package that went beyond previous attempts, creating a very compelling product. This new Chinese company may or may not be taking things a step beyond Tesla, we will have to wait and see.