Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered my inventory 85D!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Thought I'd pop the post cherry to thank the community here for all the great information over the last few years. I ordered an obsidian black 85D with autopilot convenience and no other options from the Newport Beach, CA store. 320 miles, $2500 showroom discount. And because the car is local, I should have it before the end of the week (big reason why I went inventory rather than order new). Sooooo excited!

You better hurry... I heard that inventory cars are used as much as possible for test drives in the week leading up to their sale..

lol no,

as far as I know, as soon as an inventory car has a deposit placed, it is locked up and only driven to the service center (in this case, probably Costa Mesa) to prep for delivery.

Congratulations eyespii, Pls post pics when you get it. :)

Thanks everyone! I've read all about opticoat/xpel, clear coat, and my head is in a tizzy! Dunno if I wanna go that route - bad for my OCD. Maybe just get a nice coat of wax?

I waffled for a bit between the 70D and the 85D - I suspect I would have been more than happy with the 70D, but the inventory 70Ds were a bit more gussied up and ended up not being a lot cheaper than the relatively spartan 85D that I ordered.

I doubt u will get that fast ..they first send to nearest SC in this case would be Costa Mesa ...probably the busiest in CA ..than they prep ur car for pickup...my experience with inventory is they told me 1-2wks and tomorrow will be exactly the 2wks...you made good choice picking local or you would have incurred another transport fee

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Thought I'd pop the post cherry to thank the community here for all the great information over the last few years. I ordered an obsidian black 85D with autopilot convenience and no other options from the Newport Beach, CA store. 320 miles, $2500 showroom discount. And because the car is local, I should have it before the end of the week (big reason why I went inventory rather than order new). Sooooo excited!

Congrats! Did you just call your local store and they happened to have an inventory car? Or is there a website? I've been looking at the CPO site but haven't found a car yet.

Just a taste...More pics and full purchase/drive report to come!
IMG_6047.jpg

IMG_6060.jpg

That's a nice looking car. Did the black fins (next to the turn signals under the nosecone) surprise you? My car has those. I'm not sure why they're black and not chrome, but I didn't get the "premium interior" with the power liftgate, so I have assumed that was the package that you need for the chrome fins. I like the black alot, and they look great with your black paint.