Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaving Passengers in the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

I recently took delivery of my 85D and love it ( What's not to like) The one question I have is how do I leave passengers in the car if I leave with the key? I have heard of a setting that will allow the climate control to stay on and windows and doors still active while the key is not in the car but cant find it anywhere. I left the wife in the car the other day and I went into the store, while in there she opened the car door and set off the alarm. Short of leaving the key in the car I don't know what to do. If anyone know away around this other than leaving the key in the car please let me know.

Thanks
Cheers
Grant

Hi all

I recently took delivery of my 85D and love it ( What's not to like) The one question I have is how do I leave passengers in the car if I leave with the key? I have heard of a setting that will allow the climate control to stay on and windows and doors still active while the key is not in the car but cant find it anywhere. I left the wife in the car the other day and I went into the store, while in there she opened the car door and set off the alarm. Short of leaving the key in the car I don't know what to do. If anyone know away around this other than leaving the key in the car please let me know.

Thanks
Cheers
Grant

Have the passenger tap the screen right after you close the driver side door.

Really? Its that simple? Ill give it a try.

Thanks

Yep it's that simple but I've found you must tap it within 30 seconds or so, or it won't respond. Also, after maybe 20 minutes, the car will turn off and the passenger will need to tap the screen again, quickly. I haven't read up on the timing of these things.

Sadly your last post has some truth to it. I've had my car since 2013 and been a member of this site slightly longer but haven't posted much. Its a great source of info, in spite of the few snippy remarks here and there. I believe the majority are here to genuinely help and share knowledge.

Cheers!

The Remote S app has a "Camp Mode" setting that does exactly what you want: "Keeps the HVAC on. Normally the climate control will stop after 30 minutes if you don't use the car. Once you start Camp Mode, you must keep this page open and your device on. Camp Mode stops when you turn it off, leave this page, lock your device, or switch apps. If you lock the device or switch apps, you have less than 3 minutes to come back to this screen before Camp Mode is turned off. If you don't see a countdown timer, then Camp Mode is off."

Hi all

Thanks
Cheers
Grant

The Tesla stated/best known way is to just go into car settings and engage the parking brake via the button there, will keep car running after you get out/key moves away even for a while.
-T

The Remote S app has a "Camp Mode" setting that does exactly what you want: "Keeps the HVAC on. Normally the climate control will stop after 30 minutes if you don't use the car. Once you start Camp Mode, you must keep this page open and your device on. Camp Mode stops when you turn it off, leave this page, lock your device, or switch apps. If you lock the device or switch apps, you have less than 3 minutes to come back to this screen before Camp Mode is turned off. If you don't see a countdown timer, then Camp Mode is off."

Camp Mode??? is this the OSX Tesla app??? I don't have that option

Where is camper mode on that app anyhow?
080793f10f2ec5213324df6c7e438431.jpg