Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this plug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_5828.jpg

We're doing some major remodeling of our house, and this outlet is attached to the porta-potty out front, along with a panel and a few other outlets. This one is marked 240V in sharpie on the case. It *almost* looks like a 10-30, except for the curved slots and two of them are L-shaped. Plus there's that pin sticking out in the center.

Since we only have 110v at our rental place, I was hoping to use this for some quick(er) charging, but can't figure it out.

We're doing some major remodeling of our house, and this outlet is attached to the porta-potty out front, along with a panel and a few other outlets. This one is marked 240V in sharpie on the case. It *almost* looks like a 10-30, except for the curved slots and two of them are L-shaped. Plus there's that pin sticking out in the center.

Since we only have 110v at our rental place, I was hoping to use this for some quick(er) charging, but can't figure it out.
CommonNEMAstraightbladeoutlets.png

NEMA 14-50R to 50A Locking (CS6369) Shore Power Adapter This should suffice.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, that's for a NEMA 14-50 L. I haven't quite learned how to edit/delete posts on here. Sorry.

Actually that one does list CS6364 as one of the compatible outlet types, so it looks like it would work as well. It seems about the same as the one S'toon recommended, and they're about the same price, too.

I have never seen that before. In California the same company the does temporary power poles for construction also does Porta pottys. Maybe someone has designed a combo Porta power pole. Before I spent any money on adaptors, I would confirm there is power to that receptacle.

That's a 3-phase connector being used for single phase 240 so you need to look in the panel to see the size of the wire and breaker feed, probably not 50A.

Temporary service connections at construction job sites to run air compressors and power saws may not be good charging stations, just sayin...

That is a "California style" temporary power plug, CS6365. Not three phase. It is 50A at 240V. The adapter that SM18 posted will work, as will the slightly cheaper available from Amazon referenced is this document: http://cosmacelf.net/Home%20Made%20Adapters.pdf

It is very similar to a marine 50A, 240V plug. The marine one doesn't have a center spike. Adapters to adapt this to a NEMA14-50 work with both the marine and the one that has a center spike.

I've charged from one of these plugs before. Works well.