Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination charge at Doubletree in Durango, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone used the HPWC at the Doubletree in Durango? I called them to confirm that it is available for public use(without spending a night) and they confirmed it is, but there is a $10 charge for everyone who uses it. If anyone has used it, what is the charge rate?

Has anyone used the HPWC at the Doubletree in Durango? I called them to confirm that it is available for public use(without spending a night) and they confirmed it is, but there is a $10 charge for everyone who uses it. If anyone has used it, what is the charge rate?

If you look at DoubleTree by Hilton | Durango, CO | PlugShare, the HPWC's are listed at 64 Amps each.

Also there is a 70 Amp J1772 in Pagosa Springs, 50 miles to the east: Incredible Pagosa | Pagosa Springs, CO | PlugShare

Yes, I am aware what is listed on Plugshare and the Tesla Destination Charger list, but I have visited other destination chargers and found lower performance or units that shut off after a time limit or during the night for no reason. That is why I asked if anyone has actually used this charger at the Doubletree. If they are going to charge $10 for use, I would like to get my money's worth!

I used it earlier this month. They must have changed their policy recently. They did not charge me anything and they had confirmed that over the phone when I called couple of days before stopping there. Any way I saw 16 kW of charging rate (~44 mi/hr from what I remember) and I charged for about an hour at that rate before unplugging.

I used it earlier this month. They must have changed their policy recently. They did not charge me anything and they had confirmed that over the phone when I called couple of days before stopping there. Any way I saw 16 kW of charging rate (~44 mi/hr from what I remember) and I charged for about an hour at that rate before unplugging.

Great, thanks for the reply @hikerockies

I stayed here on the 3rd of September and charged at 64A (car setting) at a rate of ~38 mi/hr. The charger I used was along the front of the hotel, but the two parking spots had an EV logo painted on the ground and were open. The front desk had to call engineering to turn on the charger.