Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worthy dual charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I paid HK$17x00 for the dual charger installation before delivery.
It was steep, but it is worthy every time you charge on a 32A.
It is even more important if you don't have charging access at home. No one would like to spend 4 hours in a carpark charging their vehicle!

I'm not in Hong Kong, but agree completely. Best option I've bought for my car. I never need it at home, but take advantage of it nearly everywhere I charge away from home.

+1

I just wish the TMC electrical Titan from :cool: Colorado had "edumacated" :confused: me at time of configure in '12, so we wouldn't have had to drop $3,600 :cursing: after delivery. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I paid HK$17x00 for the dual charger installation before delivery.
It was steep, but it is worthy every time you charge on a 32A.
It is even more important if you don't have charging access at home. No one would like to spend 4 hours in a carpark charging their vehicle!

Dual charger is good if you don't have supercharger enabled, or you don't want to wait at the superchargers which can range from 10-20min of waiting at peak hours. I don't mind waiting, so I don't need it.

In my view, dual chargers only make sense if : 1) Do not have access to an overnight charger at your home or work; AND/OR 2) You are located far away from a supercharger. If you are not that price sensitive and like the convenience, that's another thing too.

I am fortunate to have a charger installed at my home carpark which charges at a rate of 40-45km/h - i.e fully charges overnight and live close to Cyberport where they have many superchargers. Therefore for me, it really didn't make sense.

May be this question was asked before. In most of the government public car park, there are some medium speed 32A chargers. With the installation of the option Dual Charger, will the charging speed be improved? It seems to me that the max power delivery is restricted by the current delivered i.e. 220 x 32 = 7 KW per hour. Is my understanding correct? Could any of you enlighten me?