Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I would like to visit the Tesla Fremont Factory, but don't own a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everybody

I would have a question to all the forum wizard. I'm following this forum for quite a few month now, but never signed up 'till today. I hope I'm postin this question in the right category.

So here is what's going on. I'm a big Tesla enthousiast, living in the east of France. In early october I'll be in the area of Fremont for juste one day and I'd love to have an opportunity to visit the Tesla Factory. If I got it correctly, those visits are only proposed to Tesla owners, and are not public. There was once on the factory website a line telling there would be public visit starting this summer 8I was really happy then! ), but since, this this line disapeared.

Does anyone here know if there is a way to visit the factory without owning a Tesla? Are there any public relation email to write to? I fond only specific mail formular on the Tesla website, and none of them was related to such a question.

We would be 4 french people if that make any difference.

Thanks in advance for any tip :)

Kind regards from France

Put a refundable reservation down on a Model X and then cancel after the tour :smile:. I do not believe they do public tours at this time and although it is probably being considered for the future, I would doubt they will be ready by October as there will be a lot of activity at the factory with the Model X launch.

Talk to one of the Tesla Showroom if you have on close by.

Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 11.34.36 AM.png

Good morning yall (yes I was once in Texas ! ) :)Thanks for the tips. I cannot really afford to make a reservation just in order to visit the factory. And even if I could it would not be fair. I'm trying to save money to buy a used roadster in the future, and later à model 3 but this money is blocked right now to make interest.I'm not that comfortable talking in english on the phone, I'd rather communicate by mail, but I didn't find any suitable contact adress for this particular question.The nearest showroom is in switzerland. I'll might try to go there, good idea muleferg :)thanks to everyone and long live to Tesla !

You might call the Swiss location. Benefits of not having to travel while still being able to speak in French. ;)
Of course, as someone who has interacted a lot with people in France, Switzerland etc and I speak basically no French, everyone I have spoken to has been much more unsure about their English than was justified.

You might call the Swiss location. Benefits of not having to travel while still being able to speak in French. ;).

Hello KD5MDK,

Thanks for your reply. Anyway there's another little issue regarding switzerland you might not know. This little land has 3 official languages, Italian, French and German. Unfortunately I live near the German-speaking part of the country. :p

But I'll might go and visit their store once anyway, just for the pleasure to see the place and maybe test-drive a Model S again :)

Regards from France

Your other approach is to pick a date or set of dates and post here and on teslamotors.com and ask if you can join a tour that an owner is going on - I believe owners/new owners can have a tour of 4, so you might find an open slot.

Mods - I wonder if we might start a thread of 'people looking for tour slots' 'people offering tour slots' to see if we can facilitate some pairings, perhaps organized by month.

Hello KD5MDK,

Thanks for your reply. Anyway there's another little issue regarding switzerland you might not know. This little land has 3 official languages, Italian, French and German. Unfortunately I live near the German-speaking part of the country. :p

But I'll might go and visit their store once anyway, just for the pleasure to see the place and maybe test-drive a Model S again :)

Regards from France

To be honest, I didn't consider anyone might live in France, but be closer to the German speaking part of Switzerland. All my visits have been to Geneva, and I assumed the entire west of the country was the French part.
But I expect even in Schweiz Deutsch land, you'll find people prepared to speak French. They have to cope with their countrymen, after all. ;)

To be honest, I didn't consider anyone might live in France, but be closer to the German speaking part of Switzerland. All my visits have been to Geneva, and I assumed the entire west of the country was the French part.
But I expect even in Schweiz Deutsch land, you'll find people prepared to speak French. They have to cope with their countrymen, after all. ;)

Hello KD5MDK

It's true that the language areas are a bit weird dispatched. I live exactly where 3 borders joins (France, Germany and Switzerland). Unfortunately the swiss people here speak German. And most of them will pretend not speaking french even if it's mandatory at school. They can be weird on this :) Anyway, I'll try to visit the tesla showroom even if just for fun :)

Have a nice day

- - - Updated - - -

Switzerland has 4 official languages the 4th being Romansh.

In my dealings with the Swiss it seems everybody speaks German,French and English.

Particularly when it comes to sales people and corporate executives.

Hello RobStark

You're right, I forgot Romansch. But it's really a rarely spoken langage you 'll hear nowhere else in the world :) Thanks for the reminder ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Your other approach is to pick a date or set of dates and post here and on teslamotors.com and ask if you can join a tour that an owner is going on - I believe owners/new owners can have a tour of 4, so you might find an open slot.

Mods - I wonder if we might start a thread of 'people looking for tour slots' 'people offering tour slots' to see if we can facilitate some pairings, perhaps organized by month.

Hi Cattledog

Good idea. A Tour topic might help a lot people in my situation. It would also be great if Tesla would organise some public tour as it was once advertised.

At this point, a forum member kindly offered me some help in PM , and I'm waiting to see if this will work.

It's great to see the Tesla community is so helpful. Can't wait to have one myself :)

Kind Regards from France :)

"Problem" solved :)

I won't write any name for discretion, but many thanks to my generous benefactor and to his Tesla contact !! They both rock :cool:

That's the kind of people that do change the world for good :biggrin:

Can't wait to see the factory, and hopefully plenty of MX by the time we get there :)

Kind regards from France to yall !!

"Problem" solved :)

I won't write any name for discretion, but many thanks to my generous benefactor and to his Tesla contact !! They both rock :cool:

That's the kind of people that do change the world for good :biggrin:

Can't wait to see the factory, and hopefully plenty of MX by the time we get there :)

Kind regards from France to yall !!

Im in a similar position, visiting SF from New Zealand at the end of August. Any chance you could point me in the right direction?