Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

silicone fobpocket - reviews/input?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These were put on my fobs by the service center after an annual service. Not sure if it's a local thing, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

IMG_3972.JPG

I'm not exactly sure what it's made of, but it's not silicone. It's more of a neoprene material.

I have the Tesla ones - they're nice, but a bit bulky. The silicone ones I referred to above seemed like they might be nicer.
Thanks.
These were put on my fobs by the service center after an annual service. Not sure if it's a local thing, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I'm not exactly sure what it's made of, but it's not silicone. It's more of a neoprene material.

Hi all,
Does anyone have a silicone fobpocket? I believe they are made by a Tesla owner. I'm thinking of getting one, and I'm wondering if anyone has one. If so, I'd appreciate your input on how it works and if you like it or not.
Thanks!

They are great! Smooth so easy to get in and out of pocket. A large array of colors. Unlike the cloth type still looks new after a lot of use. Always give to my friends when they get a new Tesla.

Silicone ones are great. Besides being compact, I like that you can get them in many different colors so you can tell the keys apart. Our family has 2 Teslas so I picked 4 different colors. I picked the 2 Reds for my Red Model S and the Grey and Silver for my wife's grey Model S.

Meh...we have two.
- I would like the silicone to be about half the thickness. It feels very durable but unnecessarily so given the low mass of the object it protects.
- The little chain and ring that is attached are gumball-machine quality. Took them off immediately.
- The texture of the silicone is just right...not too sticky for a pocket, not too slippery to hold securely
- I stopped using the fobpocket and switched back to a thin camera-wrist strap I used previously to make the key easier to find in my pocket
- Wife still uses hers since her key stays in her purse

I have one that I was given at TMC Connect. I like it OK, mostly because the SC will become less confused when using a different key fob than they give away. Since the SC lost my keys once and I had to test the keyless entry permission from the Model S app that difference counts with me. I also removed the ring and attached a colourful copy of my personalised license tag. With luck the SC will not again lose my key. Otherwise the silicone is quite OK but bulkier than I like.