Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S, Right Side / Passenger Outside Mirror Price Reduced - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Model S, Right Side / Passenger Outside Mirror Price Reduced

TESLA MODEL S - RIGHT SIDE - OUTSIDE MIRROR

Removed from 2013 Model S to install Electric Folding mirror version

Includes GSM Antenna
These are manual folding mirror version
Does not include the colored outside hood

Free Shipping - Insured
No International Shipping

List Date: 7/24/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Model S, Right Side / Passenger Outside Mirror Price Reduced
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

f8ae5af4-410d-4c69-8205-797cf4f40318.JPG
3c79ceeb-54bd-4cde-80f4-99ebada2cbe2.JPG

Last edited:
I didn't know you could get electric folding mirrors retrofitted! How much did that cost?

It was one of those mid year updates that Tesla does from time to time. About Sep of '13, they added parking sensors to the S. At that same time cars in Oct started rolling out with electric folding mirrors and park sensors were an orderable option in Aug. You didn't have to pay extra for the ele folding mirrors. Mine was a Sep '13 delivery, but the wiring harness for the electric mirrors were in the car, but the ele mirrors were present. There was suggestions on TMC that Aug/Sep deliveries might have the right wiring harness. I took mine into the SC and the confirmed the harness for ele mirrors was used/installed in mine. So it was a simple matter or removing the manual and installing the electric mirrors and replacing the switch. Cost for everything was %1500 installed.

Akikiki,

I dinged my left side mirror -- the silver part at the bottom, but don't want to spring for a whole assembly. Tesla's quoting over $500! Do you or any other reader know of anybody who's into the Tesla dismantling business. Also, do you have any exploded parts diagrams or other information that would enable me to disassemble my mirror and maybe repair the ding?

Thanks.
Roger

Akikiki,

I dinged my left side mirror -- the silver part at the bottom, but don't want to spring for a whole assembly. Tesla's quoting over $500! Do you or any other reader know of anybody who's into the Tesla dismantling business. Also, do you have any exploded parts diagrams or other information that would enable me to disassemble my mirror and maybe repair the ding?

Thanks.
Roger

rogerbohl, No, to both your questions. I don't know of anyone even on TMC that is parting out a MS. And I didn't do the swap on my own MS that produced this pair of manual folding mirrors. So, I don't have a diagram. I watched the techs at the SC disassemble one of my doors to get to the manual mirrors out. Its not difficult, after you remove the interior door panel. In case you didn't see it, I do have a left/driver side mirror for sale here. Its on another thread. Buy it, swap yours and put your less than perfect one up here for sale and recover part of your expense. Best I can do to help you.