Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Access to bus lanes in Norway - still legal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's been many posts on the topic of EV incentives in Norway, and doing some reading around I've managed to get answers to all my questions. Still, there is one that remains unanswered. This is probably because, although I live in Norway, I don't speak Norwegian and hence don't read Norwegian news.

So here is the question to the Norwegian users of TMC forum: what is the latest on the access to bus lanes in and around Oslo for EVs?

I read that the central government was going to transfer the policy making powers related to the bus lanes access to each municipality, but did it happen yet? And if it did, how can we know where is the access to bus lanes forbidden now for EVs? (If at all)

Any inputs you guys might have on this topic will be welcome!

Yes, it's still legal - partly.

Here are the new rules surrounding the Oslo region:

- EV cars can't use the buss/taxi lane on E18 from Sandvika to Filipstad in the rush hour between 07.00 - 09.00.
- The same applies the other way out of Oslo (Filipstad to Sandvika) between 14.00 - 18.00.
- The exception is if you are more than one person in the car, you are allowed to use it.
- On Ring 3 EV cars aren't allowed at all.
- These rules are valid for the next three years.

Attachments

• afp000852521.jpg
    afp000852521.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 376
Yes, it's still legal - partly.

Here are the new rules surrounding the Oslo region:

- EV cars can't use the buss/taxi lane on E18 from Sandvika to Filipstad in the rush hour between 07.00 - 09.00.
- The same applies the other way out of Oslo (Filipstad to Sandvika) between 14.00 - 18.00.
- The exception is if you are more than one person in the car, you are allowed to use it.
- On Ring 3 EV cars aren't allowed at all.
- These rules are valid for the next three years.
Correction:
- On Ring 3 EV cars aren't allowed at all in the bus lane