Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90S range shows 265 - ?? thats same as my 85S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went to check what it would look like if I bought my car today (just got my new 85S in June).

I'm puzzled because it shows the range is the same as my 85kwh car - 265 miles for a RWD 90S. My 85S promised 265 miles (same in 2015 as it did in 2013 when I got my first one).

Does anybody understand this?

90S config range 265.jpg

Elon specifically said on the conference call that they can't display the new mileage until the EPA has tested cars with the new battery. So their just displaying the estimate they officially had for the 90 kWh battery. When the EPS finishes testing, they'll update the site to include it. He also said that although he can't say what the official EPA range is, you can reasonably expect it to be 6% more than what it says now.

If the car doesn't yet have an EPA range, isn't it misleading to list one?

Just my opinion, but it should have been replaced with a statement like "EPA range not yet determined. Expected greater than 265 miles"

There's no qualifier there at all. It states clearly the car's EPA range is 265. Tesla's website has a lot of this - the autopilot verbiage would lead you to believe it currently parks itself and steers itself on the highway.