Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 New Tesla Models on the way!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The headline's not new but interesting they claim Model S' platform is a Lotus derived architecture. The basic idea maybe, but then Lotus weren't the first with the idea either.

I think they meant that they're using Lotus' concept of having a single platform and extending it to different vehicles (ex. Lotus Elise, Exige etc.)

it is based on the Lotus architecture

Maybe it's derived from the etrne's basis

lotus-eterne-01.jpg

If what he is saying is that the people that designed Lotus's chassis for f.inst. the Elise are now working for Tesla either as contractors or as Tesla employees isn't that a good thing? The Elise chassis is as far as I know a good chassis, and looking at the naked model in Detroit it seems they have redesigned it around an EVs needs. I see the PR part of a pure Tesla made chassis, but as it's a completely new one does it really matter? After all an experienced and excellent chassis engineer has to come from somewhere, they don't hand out experience at birth as far as I know (actually looking at my sisters 1 day old baby yesterday I'm pretty sure they don't :)

Cobos