Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What if Tesla Model X deliveries in 2015 will be with the 90 kWh battery pack ONLY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Benz

Nov 15, 2012
Netherlands
What would you say if Tesla would announce that all deliveries of the Tesla Model X in 2015 will be with the 90 kWh battery pack ONLY ???

And that all orders for a Tesla Model X with a 70 kWh battery pack will be delivered as from January 2016 at the soonest.

What would you say ???

All of the Tesla Model X deliveries in 2015 will be with the 90 kWh battery p...

Don't underestimate the market for base X70s (assuming those are offered). With the dollar being very strong vs. the EUR, NOK and CHF the X is going to be rather expensive over here. I think there is quite a large portion of those interested in the X that are kind of price sensitive. It's a 7-people family hauler where even the base version likely has more than enough performance and AWD. Also people over here's have started to get a hang of EVs and understand that you can live very well with the "limited range" of the 70, especially as the SC is starting to get really well built out in Europe.

• Disagree
Reactions: MichealW
Realistically, Tesla should prioritize the X90 over the X70....makes financial sense and minimizes production complexity.

Also would not surprise me if the 90D is a requirement for the towing package.
I do wonder if this shouldn't be a factor given the fact the battery packs will be used for both the S and the X. I'm still hoping the 90 is the lowest option and Tesla has another new higher pack ready for the X launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice typo. :)
lol. Darn autocorrect.

I think it's highly unlikely there will be a bigger pack than the 90 when the X launches soon. Remember: same skateboard as the S. The 90 pack is obviously their top of the line battery at the moment. It would kill S orders if they announced an even newer, bigger, battery pack in a month or so. Not gonna happen.

What would you say if Tesla would announce that all deliveries of the Tesla Model X in 2015 will be with the 90 kWh battery pack ONLY ???
What would you say ???
As someone who's sort of on the fence between the 70 and the 90 (depending on price and actual range difference), this would definitely sway me toward the 90. I had a similar situation in 2005 when I bought the first 7-seater hybrid SUV (the Toyota Highlander Hybrid). They were offering the hybrid motor for all configurations but if you wanted to get it sooner, you had to get the fully loaded Limited Edition so I did that. Apparently I only buy cars with waiting lists. :) Still driving it today (well not right now, because driving while posting is dangerous).

-CB