Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Main screen dead!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nagerseth

Tesla Enthusiast/Owner
Jul 18, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Hey guys! In need of some huge help. My main screen just went blank for no apparent reason and won't turn back on. When I do the screen reset, the T shows and keeps resetting.

Did the update earlier today, drove about 6 miles. Parked for 5 hours and that's what happened. As expected the mirrors fold out automatically, AC don't work, no music either. Car was on valet move when I sat down to leave.

Tried all resets I could find. No change. Taking it in to Rockville Service right now.

When my centre screen lost its touch capability, Tesla services suggested I shouldn't drive it and they would send a flat bed. I said no need, and I would drive it in. I found the car operated normally, and I could control most functions from either the iPhone App or steering wheel controls. Only problem I had was when I arrived at the sharp ramp leading up to the service centre - no way to raise suspension without centre screen capability.