Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone want to sell me their Signature Reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm reservation holder #9230, and I would *LOVE* to get mine earlier. Is it appropriate to ask if anyone here would like to sell me their Signature Reservation (or a significantly earlier reservation number)? Or, is this not even possible? Silly question, perhaps, but I am super Excited and would love to get my X this year rather than wait until next year, (like all of you no doubt :)

thanks!

mark

Having a Sig Model S, I would not get a Sig X...the difference in delivery time will be less than 2 months (just like it was for Model S). Moreover, there has been zero practical benefit to owning a Sig. I'm glad I supported Tesla in their time of need but that time has passed.

Having a Sig Model S, I would not get a Sig X...the difference in delivery time will be less than 2 months (just like it was for Model S). Moreover, there has been zero practical benefit to owning a Sig. I'm glad I supported Tesla in their time of need but that time has passed.

Seconded. My dad has a Sig Model S and took delivery in October 2012, my production Model S came Jan 4th, 2013. Equipped identically, he paid more and is limited by his early gen battery pack to lower supercharging rates.

That said, I don't expect the same level of beta-ness to the Signature Model X simply because Tesla now has some experience making cars as opposed to simply installing electric drive units by hand into something built by Lotus. We have a Sig X reservation because my wife likes the Sig red and it may be available on Model X. We may be downgrading when it comes out, who knows.

Moot point though, OP, Tesla's not going to let you buy someone's spot. The best that could happen is that someone would be willing to place the order for you and you pay them back for the whole car.

FYI - Tesla won't allow a car to be reserved in one name and titled in another - it's their way of preventing anyone from selling their spot in line. I learned this when I made a ModelX reservation for my brother-in-law and Tesla refused to change the registration name. You can, of course, buy the car used from the reservation holder after they pay for and title the car in their name, but you won't get the Federal tax credit and in some states you might have to pay the state sales tax twice.

FYI - Tesla won't allow a car to be reserved in one name and titled in another - it's their way of preventing anyone from selling their spot in line. I learned this when I made a ModelX reservation for my brother-in-law and Tesla refused to change the registration name. You can, of course, buy the car used from the reservation holder after they pay for and title the car in their name, but you won't get the Federal tax credit and in some states you might have to pay the state sales tax twice.

The reservation agreement and purchase agreement are two different things. You can reserve in your name, but add other names when moving forward with purchase. I know this because I reserved Model S in my name but purchased in both my name and my wife's name (with a different last name).

Thus, I see no reason why what Walla2 described above would not work.

My dad has a Sig Model S and took delivery in October 2012, my production Model S came Jan 4th, 2013. Equipped identically, he paid more and is limited by his early gen battery pack to lower supercharging rates.

You may want to check your pack. Most early 2013's were A pack's, very possibly yours. The pack for Sig's was no different than any other model, it's just the production date that determines the pack, which of course means sig's were produced early and thus got the first pack type.

You may want to check your pack. Most early 2013's were A pack's, very possibly yours. The pack for Sig's was no different than any other model, it's just the production date that determines the pack, which of course means sig's were produced early and thus got the first pack type.

Dad's pack is the early Rev A version and limited to 90kW Supercharging. My car was built in December 2012 and has the Rev B and I've been able to charge at 120kW.

The reservation agreement and purchase agreement are two different things. You can reserve in your name, but add other names when moving forward with purchase. I know this because I reserved Model S in my name but purchased in both my name and my wife's name (with a different last name).

Thus, I see no reason why what Walla2 described above would not work.

For clarity's sake, I think that Walla2's post was in this thread Low Model X Reservation Number