Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at RV park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am traveling through Missouri soon and there are few charging options. I see a lot of RV parks though. I've never charged at one and am bringing the family. I'd prefer 50 amps because I don't want to stay long. My questions are:

1. Can I just show up without a reservation and charge my car? I've noticed none of these places answer their phone.

2. What charging cable do I need? I was planning on bringing my NEMA 14-50 adaptor and tesla charging cable, is that all I need?

Thanks in advance.

I am traveling through Missouri soon and there are few charging options. I see a lot of RV parks though. I've never charged at one and am bringing the family. I'd prefer 50 amps because I don't want to stay long. My questions are:

1. Can I just show up without a reservation and charge my car? I've noticed none of these places answer their phone.

2. What charging cable do I need? I was planning on bringing my NEMA 14-50 adaptor and tesla charging cable, is that all I need?

Thanks in advance.

Bring your NEMA 14-50, there are other adapters you can get for it (I don't have them, but its covered on other threads).
DEFINITELY CALL THEM IN ADVANCE...

I've charged at one RV park in 46k miles but it worked for me!

/Ed

One of the good resources you can use is Allstays.com. From their front page, click “Camping”, and it will take you to a page that has state maps of all the campgrounds. If you view a state map, then there is a list of amenities on the right that you can filter for. Click the one that says “50 amp”, and that shows only the ones that have the 14-50 outlets. Yes, calling ahead is definitely recommended. Sometimes, though, if you only need a couple hour stop, they may let you have a discounted rental time, rather than a full overnight cost.