Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire pressure readings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that is a shame....is there a way to at least see that all tire pressures are sufficient? or do you have to get out of the car and manually check it? or does the car tell you when a tire is low?
Without spending more money (such as aftermarket options), you need to do it manually with a tire gauge on each tire. But you need to pay big bucks for a Tesla to have that privilege:mad:

Got Torque? Try the following PIDs:

222813: Driver Side Front Tire Pressure
222814: Passenger Side Front Tire Pressure
222815: Passenger Side Rear Tire Pressure
222816: Drive Side Rear Tire Pressure
Equation: ((256*A)+B)/3+22/3 in kPa (((256*A)+B)/3+22/3)*0.145 in PSI OBD Header: 726

That's for a Ford, no idea if Tesla will use the same PIDs, but it's possible.

Got Torque? Try the following PIDs:

222813: Driver Side Front Tire Pressure
222814: Passenger Side Front Tire Pressure
222815: Passenger Side Rear Tire Pressure
222816: Drive Side Rear Tire Pressure
Equation: ((256*A)+B)/3+22/3 in kPa (((256*A)+B)/3+22/3)*0.145 in PSI OBD Header: 726

That's for a Ford, no idea if Tesla will use the same PIDs, but it's possible.

All I am asking is simply display the pressure measurement from the TMPS of each tire on driver's display and/or touch screen.

that is a shame....is there a way to at least see that all tire pressures are sufficient? or do you have to get out of the car and manually check it? or does the car tell you when a tire is low?
My car told me last week that my rear right tire was low. It doesn't give the pressure, but at least it tells you which tire. I checked all of them and they all were at 40lbs except for rear right. I hope that helps!

My car told me last week that my rear right tire was low. It doesn't give the pressure, but at least it tells you which tire. I checked all of them and they all were at 40lbs except for rear right. I hope that helps!

It will help even more if Tesla give us a reading so that we can monitor any abnormal drop in pressure (for possible leaks) and take advance measure to correct the problem instead for waiting for the warning which may not be as convenient to fix. Is the 40lbs you have on your tires not too low? My service advisor inflate my tires to 45lbs.

It will help even more if Tesla give us a reading so that we can monitor any abnormal drop in pressure (for possible leaks) and take advance measure to correct the problem instead for waiting for the warning which may not be as convenient to fix. Is the 40lbs you have on your tires not too low? My service advisor inflate my tires to 45lbs.

Also any idea at what pressure does the "low" warning come on?

I felt the same way. I inflated them all to 45lbs. :)

I am very glad I installed FOBO Plus on both of our Model S. Really nice to know pressures and temperatures. Interesting to see the wide swings with temperature. Nice to get warnings when readings are out of the parameters I set but not so low that it triggers the TM OEM TPMS. Can monitor both cars with 1 iPhone (FOBO Share).