Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got delivery of our S85D at the end of March, and today I just checked the battery pack version. It looks like I have a B pack. I though B packs were very old by that time, and that they were on later pack versions like D and F.

I have attached a picture below. What do you think?

IMG_4151.JPG

Our car also had some other strange things like we got the old "blue" LED's while the new softer "yellow" LED's had been being delivered for a couple of months. Don't know if there is anything to read into there.

Revision numbers are part-specific. Rev B of part #1055519 is completely different than revision B of the original, single-motor 85kWh pack (p/n 1014114). All of the talk of "rev A", "rev B", and "rev D" packs here are typically of the single-motor 85 kWh packs, P/N 1014114 and reman'ed pack, P/N 1025273. 60 and 70 kWh pack rev numbers are also incomparable with the 85 kWh pack revs.

See the battery table here for part number information:
Battery table - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Your pack's capabilities are likely the equivalent to the single-motor pack rev E or later.

Last edited:
Revision numbers are part-specific. Rev B of part #1055519 is completely different than revision B of the original, single-motor 85kWh pack (p/n 1014114). All of the talk of "rev A", "rev B", and "rev D" packs here are typically of the single-motor packs, P/N 1014114 and reman'ed pack, P/N 1025273. 60 and 70 kWh pack rev numbers are also incomparable with the 85 kWh pack revs.

See the battery table here for part number information:
Battery table - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Your pack's capabilities are likely the equivalent to the single-motor pack rev E or later.

Thanks, I knew that the pack revisions were different for different capacities but did not know it was different for dual-motor vs. standard. Did they deliver any dual-motor A packs?

Thanks, I knew that the pack revisions were different for different capacities but did not know it was different for dual-motor vs. standard. Did they deliver any dual-motor A packs?

Unknown, I haven't seen evidence of any.

If I were Tesla, I would just start the part at rev B to avoid the confusion about rev A found out there.