Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two articles say deliveries start next summer!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
I have to think these reports are wrong or misquoting something but I see this:

Victoria Advocate - MA: Opinion
"Tesla Motors expects the first shipment of 2008 Tesla Roadsters to be delivered next summer."

North Lake Tahoe Bonanza - News
"Anyone interested in buying the roadster can order it from Teslamotors.com, which estimates its delivery date as July 2008."

Hopefully they just mean that people ordering now would expect to get them in July, as the existing wait list customers need to get delivered first.

By the way, that first article had lots of other inaccuracies such as:

"battery the size of a basketball" (should have said "motor")

"The battery can be plugged into any normal outlet at your home" (should have said "car")

"Unlike your typical automobile, the 2008 Tesla Roadster doesn’t make any noise" (it does make some noise, although much less than most comparable sports cars...)

"when you want to go backwards, you don’t have to change gears" (I think you do have to shift out of 2nd if you want to go into reverse)

"While the battery does require charging, most of the electricity supplied to homes comes from solar, wind, hydro and coals plants, so you’d help the environment by purchasing the Tesla Roadster." ( I would have left off "coal" and just mentioned that you can chose to get electricity that comes from green sources like solar and wind)

Uh... Solar pundit hijacking the thread?

In any case, I don't think it matters too much how you get your solar. Grid tied or off-grid. Roof mounted or pole mounted. Captured at home, or as part of purchased electricity from a company who runs a solar farm. I tend to think that Solar is one of the best green power sources around.

Hydroelectric works well, but in hindsight it would have been good to avoid damming some of those rivers we did.

I have to think these reports are wrong or misquoting something but I see this:

Victoria Advocate - MA: Opinion
"Tesla Motors expects the first shipment of 2008 Tesla Roadsters to be delivered next summer."

North Lake Tahoe Bonanza - News
"Anyone interested in buying the roadster can order it from Teslamotors.com, which estimates its delivery date as July 2008."

The first link is an opinion, which generally denotes little (if any) research. I understood the second link as meaning that if you order now, you will take delivery next summer.