Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Party for Tesla owners, fans, environmentalists & legislators / fundraiser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pollux

Supporting Member
Hi,

[See bottom of this message for caveats. It's 2015 in America. Can't even have a party without some asterisks.]

My wife, Jessica, and I are throwing a big party for the New England Tesla community. Not just owners but also FANS! It's like the big party that happened over a year ago at Minado restaurant in Natick (which was organized by @bhuwan & @nkohlimd). Except that this party will be at our home here in Wellesley. And bigger: We're guessing maybe 200-300 people. We hope you'll join in!

The date of the party is Saturday, September 26, from 4-7 p.m. Please put it on your calendar!

Attendance is NOT repeat NOT limited to people who live in the Boston area. We've already got Tesla folks coming from New York and as far south as Maryland. I hope people from all over will feel free to join the party!

There will be live music, drink (yes, alcohol, please drink responsibly!) and food from our favorite award-winning chefs, Dennis and Christine Nosko of A Fresh Endeavor.

The attendees will be Tesla owners, Tesla fans, environmentalists, local legislators, friends, family and random people I grabbed off the street. It's an opportunity to hang with people who love Teslas. It's also an opportunity to voice your opinions *directly* to policy makers.

State Senator Mike Barrett, who is sponsoring an upcoming bill on carbon-fee-and-rebate (i.e., put a price on carbon, collect the $, then give all the $ back to the businesses and households of MA), will speak for maybe 15 minutes.

The party will also be a fundraiser for the non-profit Climate XChange (CXC), whose mission is to put a price on carbon. We will ask for a *****voluntary***** contribution of $25; those proceeds will go to CXC.

Please feel free to bring kids; there will be sitters.

Here's what I ask of you for now: your full name and email address, sent to me in a PM. Then, I'll kick out an official invitation to you via Paperless Post. I'm doing it this painful way so that we have a prayer of arriving at a reasonably accurate headcount for the party. That's why the invitation that I've enclosed below has everything except our address; so you'll have an incentive to send me your info so I can get it into Paperless Post. :)

There are many people in this community I haven't met yet. And it turns out that I love hanging out with the Tesla crowd. So I'm very much looking forward to seeing you at this party!

Alan

Tesla Party : Fundraiser Invitation for TMC.png

OK, here are the caveats:
1. This party is in no way affiliated with, sponsored by, etc., etc., Tesla Motors Company. They are innocent.

2. We're not gonna hoover your name and/or email address into any organization's database, including Climate XChange, EXCEPT into Paperless Post / our personal records. You are our party guests, not spam list fodder.

3. I am very grateful to some other people from this forum and elsewhere who have been contributing time, opinion, effort to this party, in no particular order: @EdA, @cinergi, @bhuwan, @nkohlimd, @kumar, @ModelS1079, @aaron.s, Steve A., Jennifer (who is VERY special to one of these other people, but it's not my place to be talking about that!).

4. Jessica is Chair of Climate XChange (CXC). She's wicked smart and gorgeous (but don't tell her I put that in a general invitation, I'll get killed). CXC is the put-a-price-on-carbon non-profit I mentioned above. It's impoverished. Hopefully a little less so after this party/fundraiser.

P.S. Does anyone read this far down? There might just be a lil' ol' raffle. Of what, you say? Hee, hee. Time will tell! Oh... and media. Media coverage. Maybe just a bit of that. This is gonna be a loud, roaring, happy party!!!! :)

Alan,

this sounds fantastic !! I will surely put it on the calendar. A few months ago I would have been seen as a tesla fanboy, going to events, talking to owners, cinergy, Mitch, Ed a, Jim, ect. But as of one month ago we are the proud owners of a beautiful 70D !
Thank you for making this happen I look forward to meeting other like minded people looking to change the world for the better!
if there is anything you need please let me know.

Jeff M.

Hi,

[See bottom of this message for caveats. It's 2015 in America. Can't even have a party without some asterisks.]

My wife, Jessica, and I are throwing a big party for the New England Tesla community. Not just owners but also FANS! It's like the big party that happened over a year ago at Minado restaurant in Natick (which was organized by @bhuwan & @nkohlimd). Except that this party will be at our home here in Wellesley. And bigger: We're guessing maybe 200-300 people. We hope you'll join in!

The date of the party is Saturday, September 26, from 4-7 p.m. Please put it on your calendar!

Attendance is NOT repeat NOT limited to people who live in the Boston area. We've already got Tesla folks coming from New York and as far south as Maryland. I hope people from all over will feel free to join the party!

There will be live music, drink (yes, alcohol, please drink responsibly!) and food from our favorite award-winning chefs, Dennis and Christine Nosko of A Fresh Endeavor.

The attendees will be Tesla owners, Tesla fans, environmentalists, local legislators, friends, family and random people I grabbed off the street. It's an opportunity to hang with people who love Teslas. It's also an opportunity to voice your opinions *directly* to policy makers.

State Senator Mike Barrett, who is sponsoring an upcoming bill on carbon-fee-and-rebate (i.e., put a price on carbon, collect the $, then give all the $ back to the businesses and households of MA), will speak for maybe 15 minutes.

The party will also be a fundraiser for the non-profit Climate XChange (CXC), whose mission is to put a price on carbon. We will ask for a *****voluntary***** contribution of $25; those proceeds will go to CXC.

Please feel free to bring kids; there will be sitters.

Here's what I ask of you for now: your full name and email address, sent to me in a PM. Then, I'll kick out an official invitation to you via Paperless Post. I'm doing it this painful way so that we have a prayer of arriving at a reasonably accurate headcount for the party. That's why the invitation that I've enclosed below has everything except our address; so you'll have an incentive to send me your info so I can get it into Paperless Post. :)

There are many people in this community I haven't met yet. And it turns out that I love hanging out with the Tesla crowd. So I'm very much looking forward to seeing you at this party!

Alan

View attachment 87947

OK, here are the caveats:
1. This party is in no way affiliated with, sponsored by, etc., etc., Tesla Motors Company. They are innocent.

2. We're not gonna hoover your name and/or email address into any organization's database, including Climate XChange, EXCEPT into Paperless Post / our personal records. You are our party guests, not spam list fodder.

3. I am very grateful to some other people from this forum and elsewhere who have been contributing time, opinion, effort to this party, in no particular order: @EdA, @cinergi, @bhuwan, @nkohlimd, @kumar, @ModelS1079, @aaron.s, Steve A., Jennifer (who is VERY special to one of these other people, but it's not my place to be talking about that!).

4. Jessica is Chair of Climate XChange (CXC). She's wicked smart and gorgeous (but don't tell her I put that in a general invitation, I'll get killed). CXC is the put-a-price-on-carbon non-profit I mentioned above. It's impoverished. Hopefully a little less so after this party/fundraiser.

P.S. Does anyone read this far down? There might just be a lil' ol' raffle. Of what, you say? Hee, hee. Time will tell! Oh... and media. Media coverage. Maybe just a bit of that. This is gonna be a loud, roaring, happy party!!!! :)

Carbon taxes are essentially a consumption tax. I could support some form of tax reform compromise which includes carbon taxes with a reduction of personal income, corporate, and capital gains tax. I believe you could receive a broader support in the Massachusetts business community if your group includes some of these ideas.

Cool thanks for doing this! I'll have to tell my daughter who is one of the organizers of Fossil-Free Wellesley. Might be the best fund raiser of the year! Next year we should go one step further and organize an East Coast TMC Connect.

Carbon taxes are essentially a consumption tax. I could support some form of tax reform compromise which includes carbon taxes with a reduction of personal income, corporate, and capital gains tax. I believe you could receive a broader support in the Massachusetts business community if your group includes some of these ideas.

Carbon tax *and* rebate, note: I don't want to start a debate in this thread but it is not purely a tax.
Climate XChange

Great ideas... although I think that Tesla itself might have a problem with that. They don't want to be closely identified with any outside groups.

On the other hand, there used to be a Victoria's Secret across from the Natick gallery.... maybe I should hang out there, handing out flyers!

Thought of posting a flyer in the Tesla store in Natick?
Or hanging out there handing out flyers?

Great ideas... although I think that Tesla itself might have a problem with that. They don't want to be closely identified with any outside groups.

On the other hand, there used to be a Victoria's Secret across from the Natick gallery.... maybe I should hang out there, handing out flyers!

Well, if you're going to do that, you better bring something nice home for the wife. Lest you end up in divorce court! Or.... Arrested perhaps?!?

Say hi to Brian for me if you do...

Take your car into (both) service centers every day between now and the event.
Casually hand out flyers then.

When I took my wife for a test ride at the Natick gallery in July, 2013, the Victoria's Secret store was still open. My wife didn't know that I was taking her to the Tesla gallery. And the first thing she saw when we were walking through the mall was that Victoria's Secret, where it looked like we were going... Oh, mama, that was an uncomfortable moment! :)

Well, if you're going to do that, you better bring something nice home for the wife. Lest you end up in divorce court! Or.... Arrested perhaps?!?

Say hi to Brian for me if you do...

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm!

Take your car into (both) service centers every day between now and the event.
Casually hand out flyers then.

Big Maple and I will be there. I'll be the one looking wistfully at RobertBoston's car and muttering "something something green something something historically elegant car color something something discontinued sigh." I hope to do some research about Climate XChange beforehand, but I figure I can also ask a lot of questions at the party.

My goodness - I think we've managed to miss all the New England gatherings since Jim's Sunday drive back in, um 2013. Unless the annual National Drive Electric Week counts.* I'm looking forward to seeing/meeting folks.

*[September 12-20, 2015, so we'll have a whole week to recover before Pollux's shindig!]