Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Earth Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

felicia

Feb 2, 2011
Hi all! My name is Felicia and I work for Newport News Parks and Rec in Southeast Virginia. I was wondering if any Tesla owners in the area (VA, DC, MD or NC) would be interested in bringing out their car for our Earth Day event at Newport News Park on April 17th. I believe if one (or a few) Tesla(s) were on display, it would add a great draw to the event. I am also trying to get other electric, hybrid, and alternative fuel vehicles to attend. If anyone is interested or would like more information, please let me know.

Thanks so much!!!

Sure, Kevin. This event will be free to the public at the second largest city-owned park east of the Mississippi. We plan on having demonstrations for both children and adults including composting, rain barrels, and worm bins, as well as live animals discussions from a local living museum. Groups we plan to have in attendance include the local Master Gardeners, Sierra Club, The Green Foundation, the VA Department of Forestry, and our local recycling company. We also plan to have an area where the public can exchange plastic bags for reusable shopping bags, recycle batteries, turn in used CFL light bulbs, and recycle old tennis shoes and reading glasses.

In general, the event is planned to get the public out to the park to enjoy a day of learning about the environment, what they can do to sustain it, and give them a chance to act upon it.

I see you're in the UK so couldn't attend, but maybe this will help persuade a few locals to come out and share their gorgeous electric vehicles with the public. Thanks for the interest!

Last edited:
Hey guys, it's me again. We're hoping to have a few different alternative fuel vehicles on display and what could be more of a show stopper than a Tesla?! If you're interested and in the area, please let me know and I'll answer any questions you may have.

Thanks again!