Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NYC - Need parking spot for a night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning a road trip that includes visiting a friend on the upper west side for a night. Having spent 6 months in the area, I know how cars get treated. Does anyone know of a garage where I might be able to park the car myself and be reasonably certain that it is safe from door dings and bumper scrapes?

A couple of options depending on where you are on the UWS: Lincoln Center garage (62nd St) and Museum of Natural History garage (81st St) are the best bets. I've been told that the garage at 93rd and Columbus allows self park but don't know that for sure. You should call to confirm.

I'm planning a road trip that includes visiting a friend on the upper west side for a night. Having spent 6 months in the area, I know how cars get treated. Does anyone know of a garage where I might be able to park the car myself and be reasonably certain that it is safe from door dings and bumper scrapes?
Here is one that also has a J1772. It is a trifle obscure to find but i have parked there happily. I used to live a few blocks from there.
Google Maps
BTW, this one can be found on PlugShare i think. When i was there they wanted a ChargePoint card but the charging was free. I do not recall the parking cost. They let me park myself and take the keys, but I'd not bet on them allowing that every time. It's mostly residential so it may be easier.

@LoL Rick,

how did you filter out Valet only garages from Self Park garages? or did you go to a list of self park places and just pick the one closest to where you wanted to be?
I didn't find any good way to do it. Started with Google Maps, typed in "Parking" and clicked on all the points that showed up. Then followed links and checked the descriptions on the sites.

Here is one that also has a J1772. It is a trifle obscure to find but i have parked there happily. I used to live a few blocks from there.
Google Maps
BTW, this one can be found on PlugShare i think. When i was there they wanted a ChargePoint card but the charging was free. I do not recall the parking cost. They let me park myself and take the keys, but I'd not bet on them allowing that every time. It's mostly residential so it may be easier.

Thanks, I didn't find that one. It may come in handy, since I don't yet have the address of the place where I'll be staying. All I know today is "upper west side" and that's pretty general. For future reference, the address on that one is 308 W 95th St, since it doesn't show on the post.

Final update - Lightning spent the night at Lincoln Center. I parked it on the lower level way in the back where there were plenty of empty spaces. I even found a spot next to a car that was under a cover so it was not likely to be moved. The spaces had plenty of width so I didn't worry about door dings.

IMAG1253.jpg