Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 90 and Ludicrous Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking it was a spaceballs reference... Ludicrous speed...
Theyve gone plaid.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong... but if the Model X w/ Ludacrous mode can go 0-60 in 3.3.... that would make it the fastest production SUV available, no? Especially significant considering the runners up all get sub-20 mpg for the same performance. (Porsche Cayenne Turbo S is the next fastest I can find, making 0-60 in 3.8 seconds, but at like 19 mpg highway.)

Correct me if I'm wrong... but if the Model X w/ Ludacrous mode can go 0-60 in 3.3.... that would make it the fastest production SUV available, no? Especially significant considering the runners up all get sub-20 mpg for the same performance. (Porsche Cayenne Turbo S is the next fastest I can find, making 0-60 in 3.8 seconds, but at like 19 mpg highway.)

Elon said today it's not decided but will be "around" 3 sec 0-60. Forget about SUV's this is faster than even most sports cars. Can you imagine the guy in a Ferrari next to an SUV at the stop light shaking?

OK shaking maybe a little exeggerate but he needs to be careful not to race his engine.

Last edited:
So... if it'll actually do 0-60MPH in 3.3 seconds, and if the torque/thrust is about constant, it'll reach that in 145.2 feet.

How quickly can I stop? Can I still do this in our church parking lot?

Strib
Yes, I'd imagine the brakes are going to be sometime else not similar to the S. The extra weight may require something even more robost than whats already on the S.

LOL... now that's some new speculation that I never thought of. Yes, you heard it here first folks. Model X will come with a new safely emergency breaking feature, the X anchor. It can catch into any surface including ocean floors for those with the submarine option. :)

LOL... now that's some new speculation that I never thought of. Yes, you heard it here first folks. Model X will come with a new safely emergency breaking feature, the X anchor. It can catch into any surface including ocean floors for those with the submarine option. :)

To make this work you need something better than sticky friction compounds. Maybe it uses a rocket to fire a spike down and embed it into the surface, then spools out a cable to slow the car with?