Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East Lansing, MI area / Williamston

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking a road trip from Orange County, CA back,to Michigan in September for the Michigan state/Oregon game and while the drive is quiet easy with superchargers, the charging options in the area seem pretty weak. I will be in staying in Williamston and will only have 110 charging there. Looking on plug share it shows the east Lansing marriott having 70-80 amp charging, which will help a lot ,but I don't see any checkins there to see if it is actually working. And the rest in the area are slow 30 amp charging ( meridian mall, Michigan state area, etc...)
Any thoughts from anyone that has traveled in the area?
Thanks.

Don't have anything to say about the Marriott.

I met the manager of the Heights @ Eastwood Towne Center in Lansing when I was charging there about 20 days ago. Nice guy, wants to get his charger added as a destination charger (I sent an email to Tesla about it, no response). Said it was a lawyer who donated the charger so he could make it to his cottage. They don't charge or expect any payment to use the charger. He said even if they eventually put a gate in, they will make it free entrance for EV charging. Showed me the cool speakers in the stairwell that use the glass as a tweeter. The movie theatre across the parking lot to the south is one of the busiest in the state. There's a hotel attached to the parking complex, I went in a chilled there at 3am in the lounge (about a month ago on my way out).

Was able to charge at 207v/79A... Just go up the ramp and too the left and it's right there about 5 spots from the end wall (there is also a dual 30-amp J1772 station there too).

Perfect. That might help out. Do you know anything about the one at the Marriott in east Lansing?
No, but the Kellogg Center at MSU has a level II charger on the second floor of their parking garage. An overnight charge would do it. I have used it many times.

By the way, I attended school at nearby Saddleback College and UC Irvine during my 30+ years living in SoCal. Sounds like a fun trip.

thanks guys!, yes we saw that one at Kellogg center a few years ago when we were back home. Sounds like the Eastwood town center spot and marriott might do the job between 110 outlet at the in-laws.

Yes, Jim, I'm looking forward to the trip. We did a 2400 mile trip up to Portland, Oregon, and Eugene for last years State game as well and had a blast, so I thought this might be a fun trip to take back to Michigan. My wife is going with me on the way to Michigan, and tha just me on the way back, as she will take the airlines. Will be pretty easy with the superchargers and some good sites to see on the drive. And we don't live too far from saddleback college. And I work up at job Wayne airport, so am near UCI quite often. I was born and raised in Michigan, but you can't beat he SoCal weather!!

- - - Updated - - -

And GED. Need to get the Eastwood town center charger added to plugshare as well. That is something anyone can do. You might be the best as you know the details of it.