Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to zoom in on a map, and have Tesla go there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sometimes i am trying to go to a place where i dont have the exact address, but i know where it is on a map. if i zoom in on the map, and find the exact location i am trying to go to, can i somehow select that place and have the model S give me directions to this place?

Reading the in car manual can be very rewarding!

Both the OP's question and the followup question are clearly pointed out. Sounds like the reviewer referenced didn't do their homework. The in car manual is more up to date and has more details than the PDF that is posted.

im running version V6.1 (2.2.140) and verified that i still cannot hold on a street and have car go towards there. holding/pointing does nothing. even on a street. is this version too old?
This feature came with version 6.2. Everyone should have 6.2 by now, most have had several builds downloaded. I suggest you call your service center to ask why you haven't received 6.2.

im running version V6.1 (2.2.140) and verified that i still cannot hold on a street and have car go towards there. holding/pointing does nothing. even on a street. is this version too old?

Here is what a selection looks like (running 2.4.250):

IMG_1035.jpg

yea, looks like i need to upgrade firmware...how does one do that? i dont see any notification on the touchscreen to upgrade. im on 6.1
Normally it just appears, similar to the iPhone. In your case there's some problem (or you have very poor 3G connectivity). Contact the Service Centre.