Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software restriction of the acceleration in 85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is the acceleration restricted in the 85D?
I've noticed that in the graph that I get more Wh/km when I accelerate in an uphill then in a downhill. So the restriction appears not to be in what amount of power that goes to the drive train more like how fast the increase of the frequency are. Anyone that have any knowledge of this or am I just thinking wrong here?

How is the acceleration restricted in the 85D?
I've noticed that in the graph that I get more Wh/km when I accelerate in an uphill then in a downhill. So the restriction appears not to be in what amount of power that goes to the drive train more like how fast the increase of the frequency are. Anyone that have any knowledge of this or am I just thinking wrong here?

If the car was producing constant power, you would expect a higher Wh/km going uphill than downhill.

For a given power (W), when you are on the flat all of those W are going into either overcoming air resistance or accelerating. When you are going uphill, some of the power is going into the potential energy of raising your car up. Hence if you burn those W for a given amount of time (Wh), you will achieve a lower speed going uphill and so the same Wh are divided over fewer km, and give you a higher Wh/km figure.

If the car was producing constant power, you would expect a higher Wh/km going uphill than downhill.

For a given power (W), when you are on the flat all of those W are going into either overcoming air resistance or accelerating. When you are going uphill, some of the power is going into the potential energy of raising your car up. Hence if you burn those W for a given amount of time (Wh), you will achieve a lower speed going uphill and so the same Wh are divided over fewer km, and give you a higher Wh/km figure.
Sounds right, my misstake not to think it through with the units. The only way my thought would be right is if the acceleration in m/s2 would be the same uphill and downhill. Must try to check it later.