Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

World's Greatest Tesla Model S P85D Review Series Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All!

I just took delivery of my new Model S in P85 trim on July 12th. After seeing Car & Driver's somewhat lackluster road trip review of their unit last week, I decided I'm going to get to work on what I hope will become one of the best long-term video review series of the Model S.

I just published my first video in the series here - which of course is me taking delivery of my new car! Watch it below. Feedback welcome, along with requests of what you'd like to see me cover in future videos. Plan to bring a lot of passion and fun to the videos.

I've been lurking around TMC here a lot the past few weeks and have begun to get active. I have tons of questions so thanks in advance for the help! Will be sure to give shout outs in future vids to TMC members when you come to my rescue.

Little background on the review series: I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Draw an X through Canada and we're at the intersection, smack dab in the middle of the country. I think it's a great place to do a long-term review as we have four really distinct seasons, from hot summers (it can hit 100 F) to FREEZING winters (it can drop to below minus 40). Also just got married, so planning to do a Honeymoon Road Trip from Winnipeg to California next month - think it will be a perfect way to really get to know the car.

I hope all enjoy the videos!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Kevin, quality I'd expect from you given your experience!

I can't wait for you to comment on the phone apps, especially as they relate (or don't relate) to BlackBerry... LOL

Very glad to see that the 'garage' at the end is actually a showroom and not out back of your house. That would have really, *really* ticked me off... :wink:

Nice Kevin, quality I'd expect from you given your experience!

I can't wait for you to comment on the phone apps, especially as they relate (or don't relate) to BlackBerry... LOL

Thanks for the kind words! Gotta say, feels weird to be a Junior Member on a forum. I'm kind of used to having Admin Privileges. Lol! My colleage Marcus Adolfsson (Mobile Nations CEO) is actually the person wrote the current unofficial BlackBerry 10 Model S app. Think it is in need of an update so I'll bug him to get on that as soon as he has a chance. Can definitely speak to the apps in a future video!

As someone from the neighbouring province to the west, I'm looking forward to the reports from mid-winter.

I lived in Winnipeg for several months, during winter, back in the '80s.

The Norwegian videos about winter are all well and good, but something relating to Canadian Prairie winters I would find more relevant.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words! Gotta say, feels weird to be a Junior Member on a forum. I'm kind of used to having Admin Privileges. Lol! My colleage Marcus Adolfsson (Mobile Nations CEO) is actually the person wrote the current unofficial BlackBerry 10 Model S app. Think it is in need of an update so I'll bug him to get on that as soon as he has a chance. Can definitely speak to the apps in a future video!
Heh, nice you have connections!

I have both the 'Model S for BlackBerry' and Official Tesla Android versions on my Z10. My understanding is that Tesla changed the rules of engagement for outside developers, so some of the subtle features of the native app aren't available to outsiders - or so I've heard. For instance, I can't set a charge level other than 'Standard' or 'Max Range' on the BlackBerry version but I can on the official app. However, the mapping works in the BlackBerry version but not the official Android app. Just goofy stuff like that, which might be beyond his control as a developer. Or maybe it just needs a refresh as you suggest.

It would also be nice to make the Calendar work with the BlackBerry...

I'll be interested to hear what the reality is from his perspective though!

Nicely done! I grew up in Winterpeg, so I really interested in your upcoming winter reviews. What you are driving sure beats the 36hp VW with frost shields on the front windows and no rear brakes that I had as a teenager on the tundra! (builds character)

Nicely done! I grew up in Winterpeg, so I really interested in your upcoming winter reviews. What you are driving sure beats the 36hp VW with frost shields on the front windows and no rear brakes that I had as a teenager on the tundra! (builds character)
Oh man, I know what you mean. I used to own an '81 Toyota Landcruiser. It had all the aerodynamic driving characteristics of a brick, and was FRIGID mid-winter.

Oh Tesla... how you're complicating my life! Was already booking a drag strip for the day to make some videos for the review series showing off Insane mode. Now I have to get the Ludicrous Mode upgrade (assuming I can...which it sounds like hopefully that will be the case) and THEN do the drag strip content.

I SO want to see those Ludicrous Mode videos.