Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN 97327 in production!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woohoo!
I finally pulled the trigger on the 85D! I'm so excited - it just moved to the production queue.

My girl is:
- Flat white
- Pano Roof
- 19" wheels (with staggered 20" Aristo Sport 5V monoblock in Matte Black on order)
- Black next-gen seats
- Matte Obeche wood
- Black headliner
- AutoPilot
- Premium interior
- Base stereo (with Bit ten D, JL 5ch amp, JL sub, Focal speakers, and a JL 10" sub on order)
- Lots of other aftermarket plans including some wrap, some paint, some tint, and some protection.

SO EXCITED!

Thanks to everyone who helps out with the incessant threads about packages, models, etc. It helped me make a decision that I'm super happy with.
Ryan

Congrats! Very interested to see your those 20" black wheels on a white Tesla! Please make some photos for me before changing car color, if that is your plan! What tires are you getting?

- Base stereo (with Bit ten D, JL 5ch amp, JL sub, Focal speakers, and a JL 10" sub on order)
How much will this cost out of the door?

Congrats! Very interested to see your those 20" black wheels on a white Tesla! Please make some photos for me before changing car color, if that is your plan! What tires are you getting?

How much will this cost out of the door?

Right around 4k. You can probably find a better deal, but I'm likely paying a bit more for the convenience of the place, and the quality I trust them to provide.

Woohoo!

I would like to hear more about your intended audio upgrades. I'll be getting some on my Model S for Christmas and was just going to go with Reus that everyone here speaks so highly of.

with each passing day I am getting more and more comfortable with the base audio package, but I would in the end like something with a little more BASS.

I would like to hear more about your intended audio upgrades. I'll be getting some on my Model S for Christmas and was just going to go with Reus that everyone here speaks so highly of.

with each passing day I am getting more and more comfortable with the base audio package, but I would in the end like something with a little more BASS.

I'm not an expert, but here's the way I looked at it.
If you just want more bass, get the NVX sub upgrade for $1000, and you're done.
If you want more performance from the speakers, you're going to spend around $4k no matter how you look at it. There are multiple "stages" to the Reus system, but I would have ended up in the $4k system because I'm not going to shell out $8k for the stage 2. That kind of set my price point. It also set my expectation that I'm basically getting a sub, amp, eq, and replacing the front speakers + tweeters. The rear speakers will remain stock at this price point, but that's *totally* ok. Rear sound is called "fill" for a reason :)

I planned on doing the Reus - I don't have any reason to think it's anything less than awesome, based on the reviews from folks. It happens that I'm in San Diego, so Reus is a little bit of a drive. I'm having a bunch of other work done at San Diego Motorsports and they recommend a local shop that handles a lot of high end cars (La Jolla Audio). I trust the guys at SDMS, and I like the convenience of dropping my car off and having them take care of everything while I'm on vacation for two weeks in September.

So at the end of the day:
- I'm not an Audiophile and likely won't be able to tell the difference between the Reus and the system I'm putting it.
- I slightly prefer knowing exactly what they're installing instead of just "Stage 2 Reus"
- It's more convenient for me to drop the car off at a local shop I trust, then pick it up after I get back from vacation, compared to multiple trips to different shops (Reus being about 2 hours away)

Hope that helps.

Ordered a 70D today and shows late aug delivery. how much truth is in that? will it be delayed?

If you try to confirm the order early through Tesla, you could get it done faster. But they seem to have disallowed that and need to wait the 7 days for confirmation. Cars are going to production about 3-5 days after that then shipping to the east coast. Most people have had accurate estimates and that means you will probably see it ..... Late August.

Not an owner -yet but hope to buy a CPO this fall and am trying to understand Tesla VIN's. Based on what I see they appear to just run consecutively and don't reset each model year like traditional cars. Is that correct?

Knowing this will help me find and buy the best CPO Tesla.