Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrecked my front just too early for the 3.0 upgrade...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After exactly a year and 1 day of driving my Roadster, I got unlucky today...

Today, on the highway, a car stepped on his brake pedal for no known reason, and the van driving ahead of me had better brakes than the Roadster...
I'll let the pictures do the talking.

edit: everybody is all right, no one got hurt

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

And this is just scary... the bumper of the other car:
_NqkBwPtMYeWbmd3aXi1w9GEcu55SHty53bE3MEQJVk.jpg

Note: not showing the other car since it's a company branded car, and censoring the driver because of his privacy. This does NOT mean he's the badguy.

Last edited:
I just noticed the Tesla 'T' stuck in the vans rear fender ..... kinda cool :)

But hey, glad you are OK, its a real bummer, we've all been there, and it spoils the day !
At least you can now tape it up and drive round like a real 'bad-ass' until the insurance kicks in.

Dude, fortunately you're all right :)
But what a horrible sight it is to see a RS like that. Looks like you are one of the many 'why does my roadster brake so bad' victims. I had a close call or 2 myself. Luckily fortune favoured me both times. Good luck getting everything fixed up.

Guys!! Here's a picture of a Roadster 3.5 mule :biggrin:

@ Chillout, I somehow like this 'Rat Look' and think it's some crazy sort of fancy in its own ratty way :smile: If things underneath are still in great shape, you might consider leaving it this way till 3.0 arrives (which should be rather soon)?

I like your thinking... that sounds like a brilliant plan to be honest. off-the-record sources tell us that it's expected in August anyway, so who knows... it would save a lot of money, I guess

After exactly a year and 1 day of driving my Roadster, I got unlucky today...

Today, on the highway, a car stepped on his brake pedal for no known reason, and the van driving ahead of me had better brakes than the Roadster...
I'll let the pictures do the talking.

edit: everybody is all right, no one got hurt

View attachment 87534
View attachment 87538
View attachment 87536

And this is just scary... the bumper of the other car:
View attachment 87537

Note: not showing the other car since it's a company branded car, and censoring the driver because of his privacy. This does NOT mean he's the badguy.
Ok sorry for the loss. Enough time has passed to point out a couple of things
1. Got unlucky.....no you made a mistake and put others in jeopardy the van who got hit owner did not deserve disruption to their life
2. You need to leave enough room to stop based on your speed. It was not that the van had better brakes, in Virginia if you cannot stop in time you are given a ticket for following too close.
3. Why the van stopped irrelevant but it did look like there were cars in front of it

again I feel for your loss we all make mistakes but don't confound it by taking the wrong lesions from it