Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New destination charger - Bar Harbor, Maine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The challenge was taking a vacation in Bar Harbor, the home of Acadia National Park, where there were no Tesla charging stations. We arrived at our hotel, The Hampton Inn, with very little charge to spar. The hotel manager was kind enough to plug our Tesla into a 110 outlet.
By chance, I met the hotel's owner & explained the problem of Bar Harbor being without a 220 charging station. He responded by offering to have his electrician install a 240 volt / 40 amp line for me in the hotel parking lot. The work was done yesterday - there is now a permanent 240 outlet available, for hotel patrons. This is a new hotel with swimming pools, gym, lux rooms & a great breakfast.
P.S. Bring your own charging cable

Nice to have a hotel option; thanks Mitch for talking them in to it. There are also multiple campground options in the area that have many 14-50's if you are in a pinch. (My wife and I stayed at one of the KOA's there last September).

IMG_20140920_130433.jpg

I wonder if he would get an HPWC (dialed down to 40amp) free from Tesla if you recommended his for the Tesla Destination charger program .
Awesome job getting a destination charger spot.

The owner of the hotel has order an 80 amp charger . It should be installed soon

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it was entered on PlugShare recently

- - - Updated - - -

It's on PlugShare now

- - - Updated - - -

Campgrounds usually charge .The hotel does not charge for guests