Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla for rent NYC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would call up the Tesla store on West 25th Street. See what they say.

511 W 25th St
New York, NY
(212) 206-1204

They may not offer extended test drives like what you are looking for, but it doesn't hurt to ask. especially if you are willing to put down a deposit. (typically refundable for the 1st 7 days)..

At present I'm not aware of any of any rental car companies offering Model S rentals in NYC. Where you probably will see them turn up is in boutique companies that specialize in exotic or über luxe daily car rentals. Google is your friend, they're out there.

About 10 years ago one of my peers decided to give himself a Ferrari for the day birthday present. It was redonkulous - like $5K deposit plus $1750 per day.

A month or two ago there was a fellow on TMC forums who thought a Model S driver might want to swap his "luxury FiDi one bedroom" for a weekend. I looked up the exotic/superluxury rental prices and drew the comparison to typical AirBNB prices. It was like $2-3K for a Lambo and around $1250 for an AMG. So if these "experience the thrill" rental companies start offering P85Ds I'd imagine the daily rate will be pretty steep.

Thanks DFibRL8R I have already enquired with Hertz Dream Cars and they couldn't recommend anywhere to try in New York.

BoerumHill thanks for that information, judging from those prices I imagine the price will be pretty hefty too.