Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Production Status Codes (My Tesla)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Production Status Codes & Times (My Tesla)

I bet a lot of people are checking the "My Tesla" regularly to see the production progress of their roadster.

Here's a list of the Status codes use in order of their appearance (according to various threads):

• 0. Your Roadster is scheduled for build (not a real status, but now your Roadster is showing under My Tesla)
  • 1. Your Roadster began production in the Paint Factory (approx. 1-2 weeks)
  • 2. Your Roadster is in the Body Assembly factory
  • 3. Your Roadster is in the Chassis Assembly factory (approx. 2-3 weeks in 2&3, total approx. 3-5 weeks)
  • 4. Your Roadster is in the Chassis and Body Testing factory (approx. 1 week, total approx. 4-6 weeks)
  • 5. Your Roadster is undergoing Final Testing (approx. <1 week, total approx. <5-7weeks)
  • 6. Your Roadster is in transit to your delivery location (+Email) (approx. 1 week, total approx. <6-8 weeks)
  • 7. Your Roadster arrived in Menlo Park (USA) or Your Roadster is at the Tesla Store (other) (+Email, +Delivery estimate date) (approx. 1 week, total <7-9 weeks)
  • *8. Your Roadster will load on to the truck tonight (+Email)* (situational, seems not to be a standard message from Tesla)

Pleas drop me a PM if something is wrong missing. I think this could be a nice sticky for all those waitin' and waitin'....

Last edited:

• 5. Your Roadster arrived in Menlo Park (+Email, +Delviery estimate date)

You are in Zurich, right?
So shouldn't there be a different status for Europe bound Roadsters?
I thought there was a UK facility doing drive-train installs so they didn't have to go to USA first.
Is that not the case?

Last edited:
I'm in Tokyo and mine just changed to "Your Roadster is at the Tesla Store". It was just flown in from the U.K., all messages were the same as suxxer until this one. (#5) I hope his did not arrive in Menlo Park or I guess they'll have to put it right back on at least one more flight!

Also I guess I'll never get #6 since they asked me if they should bring it to my house or if I'd like to go to the dealer (which is less than 1 mile from where I live) to pick it up. I told them I'd just go and pick it up, hopefully very soon!

Suxxer, definately hope you don't have to go all the way to Menlo Park. As I've been waiting for my car, it seemed like the status on the My Tesla page was always out of sync with what was really happening with the car. For example, the status stayed at 0 (locked in) even though the dealer was telling me the car was being manufactured. Finally the status did go through the above iterations, but it was always behind. And now, even though it says my Roadster is at the Tesla store.... well, it's not really there yet. I just went yesterday to check. I was told I won't be able to see it for another week or so as it clears customs, goes out to some other garage where they can do some tests, udpates on it, etc., finally register it, and then get it out to the store for me to pick up.... so it's in Tokyo somewhere, but will be probably 2 weeks before it really arrives "at the Tesla Store" as the My Tesla page now indicates. I'm seeing dreams now about the car!

Be sure to check the logs after receiving - I'm sure there are some happy Tokyo mechanics driving around ("testing") with your car (reminds me of the scene where Ferris Bueller gets the GTB to a parking garage...) ;)

Mine came with 80 miles on it and had one 50 mile drive. Is that normal? I was thinking Ferris Bueller too on that one.

Last edited:
It's going a bit different with the Tesla Roadster of a friend of mine:

0. Your car has been scheduled for building (something like that) (Stayed there for 5 weeks)
1. Your Roadster began production in the Paint Factory (2 days)
2. Your Roadster is in the Body Assembly factory (1 day)
3. Your Roadster is in the Chassis Assembly factory

It's at 3 right now.

It's going a bit different with the Tesla Roadster of a friend of mine:

0. Your car has been scheduled for building (something like that) (Stayed there for 5 weeks)
1. Your Roadster began production in the Paint Factory (2 days)
2. Your Roadster is in the Body Assembly factory (1 day)
3. Your Roadster is in the Chassis Assembly factory

It's at 3 right now.

Interesting. Like benji4 said: "it seemed like the status on the My Tesla page was always out of sync with what was really happening with the car. "

And is that a new Status "Your Roadster is in the Chassis Assembly factory"? Or did I miss that one in my list (I'll add it right away...)

Last edited:
Interesting. Like benji4 said: "it seemed like the status on the My Tesla page was always out of sync with what was really happening with the car. "

And is that a new Status "Your Roadster is in the Chassis Assembly factory"? Or did I miss that one in my list (I'll add it right away...)
I can't be sure of that. He simply checks (we are in the same office) the Tesla website every day and we saw the status change by day.

We haven't contacted the dealer though for an update, we'll just see when it arrives.

I checked the status again "Your Roadster is in the Chassis Assembly factory" is really what My Tesla is displaying.

I'll post right away when the status changes. Right now we've gone through these states in just a week.

I would not pay too much attention to the website status: while my car was being built (back in November - December 2009), the status never changed. Once I received it, it changed from "order placed" to "this is your car" (I can't remember the exact wording, but you get the idea). I did receive several Emails from my sales person describing the progress. Of course I still checked the website daily :)

I would not pay too much attention to the website status

Yes, unfortunately the status on the website just does not seem to be kept up to date. I was sent emails from both the store manager and customer advocate at least once per week telling about where the car was, how much longer it would take, etc., and hardly ever was this information the same as what it said on the site. (or was the site correct and the information in emails wrong???). To be specific, the website was in all cases behind the status I was getting back in the emails. It's kind of funny because when I was told at the beginning to check the site frequently to see how my car is doing, I was told that the website was definately the most reliable and up-to-date way of seeing how things are going!